Kuestif

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Hello,

I found a EVGA GTX 560 2GB on Craigslist for only $150, it's a great deal but I was wondering if my PSU had enough power.

I have a 450w Thermaltake PSU that came with a case.

I have an 1035t @ 2.6GHz and a SSD.

Im worried that it wouldn't get enough power under load, but this is such a good deal it is hard to pass up.

Any thoughts?

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

Your Thermaltake 450W power supply will have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of less than 34 Amps, probably more like 24 Amps if it came with the case, so it should be sufficient to power a system with a single GeForce GTX 560.

If you can provide the model of the power supply a more accurate answer can be provided. Look at the label affixed to the side of the power supply to find the power supplies load table specifications.

Edit: to fix wrong graphics card model.