DIMM DDR3 240pins
Not ECC, unbuffered
I bought 2 x PSD38G13332H 8GB modules.
However, the os (win7 home premium 64bits) freezes randomly after booting with the 2 modules in the sockets. May be 2 mins, maybe 30, but hangs everytime i boot that setup.
After checking with Memtest86 (on a livecd) no error is detected after 3:30 hours passing.
The following setups DO work (system doesnt crash/freeze):
- Module PSD38G13332H 1 alone (8gb) on black socket.
- Module PSD38G13332H 1 alone (8gb) on blue socket.
- Module PSD38G13332H 2 alone (8gb) on black socket.
- Module PSD38G13332H 2 alone (8gb) on blue socket.
- Module PSD38G13332H 1 (8gb) on black socket y original module M378B5773CH0-CH9 (2gb) on blue socket.
The system has the same behaviour on linux (64 bits), so i think is a hardware trouble.
I also updated the bios to the v7.14 without changes.
Could be a ram problem? Is because of psu not handling both + plugged stuff?