Cable questions for gpu

mntycrlo

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
hello, I have a modular psu with male 8 pin connectors, two pcie ports. I am considering a gpu that needs 2 6 pin pcie connections.
I have no cables at all, nothing came with psu but basic cables. I need to find and buy two 8 pin to 6 pin cables at least 12 inches long. I have searched on google, looked at newegg, have to admit my searching skills are below par. I was wondering if anyone would know where I might find such cables preferably without paying 15$ a piece for them. I've found plenty of the 6 pin to 6 pin and lots of the 6+2 pin types but I don't know if something like that would work as a connection to the psu. I'd like to run both pcie connections on the card to both ports on the psu using two cables.
I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
Thank you for your time.

mntycrlo

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks all but is seems I've made an ass of myself again, the older I get the more I tend to do that! :) I started looking on ebay for broken psu's of my kind, couldn't even find broken ones, which in a way is kinda good. I got to thinking I needed the exact cables and I couldn't believe that it didn't come with all cables necessary, but I truely didn't remember. Any way long story short, I found the box after digging through all my computer boxes and low and behold there was the box and there were the cables as well!!! Thanks so much for even looking at my post everyone it's much appreciated.