Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$700 - New Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 13, 2011 8:06:13 AM

Hi guys. This is a new build, which I found on Evetech Solutions (they build custom PC's in South Africa)
Please note that I'm not planning to overclock nor running SLI.

Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Processor: Intel Core i3 2130
Motherboard: Asus P8H67 V
Graphics Card: Gainward GTX 560 Ti Phantom 1Gb
Memory: Corsair 8Gb 1333Mhz
Hard Drive: Seagate 500Gb
Power Supply: Corsair CX500W

Please rate this rig. I don't plan to do gaming any higher than 1920 x 1080. What do you guys think?

More about : 700 gaming build

December 13, 2011 8:14:19 AM

Its an alright build but i would go for either 4GB DDR3 1600 mhz or 8GB DDR3 1600mhz
m
0
l
December 13, 2011 8:19:39 AM

Emelth said:
Its an alright build but i would go for either 4GB DDR3 1600 mhz or 8GB DDR3 1600mhz


P8H67 V has 1333Mhz slots. No 1600Mhz slots. And if I want 1600Mhz slots I will need to get a P67 which busts my budget.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 13, 2011 8:27:09 AM

oo nice catch didnt notice that
m
0
l
December 13, 2011 8:27:35 AM

Looks good and like lots of fun, can I suggest a 6950 1GB. It is likely cheaper than the phantom by a few dollars and if you chose a good model it will overclock just as well with great results
m
0
l
December 13, 2011 8:33:56 AM

There's no real world usage difference going DDR3 1600 from DDR3 1333...
m
0
l
December 13, 2011 9:33:17 AM

spentshells said:
Looks good and like lots of fun, can I suggest a 6950 1GB. It is likely cheaper than the phantom by a few dollars and if you chose a good model it will overclock just as well with great results


Not cheaper in South Africa. The Phantom goes for R2600, while the 6950 1GB goes for R3100 - 3300. Quite a big jump
m
0
l
December 13, 2011 1:04:42 PM

Might just be me but i would go with a PSU higher than 500 watt. Just to keep it from working to hard and cover and future upgrades i.e. SLI , more drives, etc...
I hate when i find someones PC is unstable due to a weak PSU.
m
0
l
December 14, 2011 3:22:32 AM

ntrceptr said:
Might just be me but i would go with a PSU higher than 500 watt. Just to keep it from working to hard and cover and future upgrades i.e. SLI , more drives, etc...
I hate when i find someones PC is unstable due to a weak PSU.


I was thinking of rather buying the Zalman ZM600 HP. 600W Modular PSU, and I've read good reviews about it too.
m
0
l
!