Building Gaming System

Hello I need some advise on my build:

Approximate Purchase Date: within 6 months ( it's a long time)

Budget Range: 750-800 $

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(Battlefield 3) + Internet + Music

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, OS, Headphones

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg- Alternate Netherlands

Parts Preferences: AMD CPU, ATI/AMD Videocards, Antec Case simple mid tower

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes, In the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Try to make it as cheap as I can, with good quality

This is what i got so far:

CPU AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3
GPU HIS H687F1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Mobo MSI 870S-G46 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD WITH 2x PCI-e 16x for crossfire will it work?
PSU hec XP1080 800W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V / EPS12V CrossFire
HDD HITACHI HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200
Case Antec One Hundred Black Steel
Mem Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Sorry for not posting any links im in a hurry to finish this topic,

Does this all work well together?
Can I crossfire later with an HD6870 on this Mobo?
Any other suggestions to make it run better, tell me
I want to run Battlefield 3 on Ultra and as far as I've seen its possible with this videocard, running it on high is also not a problem :)

Thanks,
Jordi
2 answers Last reply
More about building gaming system
  1. Im sorry to say that , is a long time before you buy your system. In the next six month will be next changes , apearences : Ivy Bribge from Intel, ATI new 7000 series and Nvidia 600 new series graphic cards. The prices can go down or up. The best thing is to keep the money and before 1-2 weeks before you want to purchase the parts ask for help or for the opinnions. The system what you presented is ok everything fit well.
  2. Ok, I used to be a PC gamer but in may I buyed a PS3 with TV and sold my outdated PC to buy a gaming laptop for school, I was like: it needs to be powerfull.
    It can run Battlefield 3 on low with alot of FPS laggs spikes :(
    I want to sell my PS3 with 5 games and 2 controllers it's the 320GB slim version. Maybe I can still get 350 Euro for it, a new one costs like 250 euro with 160GB.
    My mom says I'm crazy because I want to buy all these expesive things, I'm only 17 years old. I get like 150 - 170 euro in one month, can't work so much because of school.

I want to play Battlefield 3 competetive, I cant do that with this laptop.
    If my mom and dad let me sell my PS3 im so happy :pt1cable:
    and with the PS4 coming out in 2013 I want to get rid of it, never going back to console.

But will this system run Battlefield 3 on Ultra? and is crossfire possible with this mobo?

Also I want to assemble it myself, never done that before, a friend of me says it's not that hard. :sarcastic:

-Jordi
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems