Good UMD Movie Prices

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2005 6:58:07 AM

Just saw that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is sellling PSP movies. Prices are
about $14-17

RnR Lesnar

More about : good umd movie prices

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:58:48 AM

RnR Lesnar wrote:
> Just saw that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is sellling PSP movies. Prices
are
> about $14-17

Better, but still too high.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 3:37:59 PM

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 4ngmh$hg9$1@news.datasync.com...
> Just saw that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is sellling PSP movies. Prices are
> about $14-17
>
> RnR Lesnar

Target had "XXX" for $12.99 last week, with "Hellboy" and "Resident Evil:
Apocalypse" at $14.
Related resources
April 27, 2005 5:37:07 PM

> about $14-17

My Walmart currently has all UMD Movies marked at 13.49 :o )
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:37:08 PM

"gcc" <nospamming@me.com> wrote in message

>> about $14-17
>
> My Walmart currently has all UMD Movies marked at 13.49 :o )

Same. Gonna pick up House of Flying Daggers today.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 11:33:44 PM

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 4ngmh$hg9$1@news.datasync.com...
>> Just saw that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is sellling PSP movies. Prices are
>> about $14-17
>>
>> RnR Lesnar
>

> Target had "XXX" for $12.99 last week, with "Hellboy" and "Resident Evil:
> Apocalypse" at $14.

I wouldn't buy Hellboy for $2 and a pack of Skittles.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:51:39 AM

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>
>>"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 4ngmh$hg9$1@news.datasync.com...
>>
>>>Just saw that www.deepdiscountdvd.com is sellling PSP movies. Prices are
>>>about $14-17
>>>
>>>RnR Lesnar
>>

>>Target had "XXX" for $12.99 last week, with "Hellboy" and "Resident Evil:
>>Apocalypse" at $14.
>>

> I wouldn't buy Hellboy for $2 and a pack of Skittles.

You couldn't give me $2 and a pack of Skittles to take a copy of
Hellboy. ;)  Borrowed it from a friend, wish I could have that hour and
half to two hours back as well.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:02:49 AM

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>news:D 4ngmh$hg9$1@news.datasync.com...

>>>Target had "XXX" for $12.99 last week, with "Hellboy" and "Resident Evil:
>>>Apocalypse" at $14.
>>>

>> I wouldn't buy Hellboy for $2 and a pack of Skittles.
>
> You couldn't give me $2 and a pack of Skittles to take a copy of Hellboy.
> ;)  Borrowed it from a friend, wish I could have that hour and half to two
> hours back as well.

I didnt think it was taht bad, saw it at the dollar movies on 50 cents day
and thought it was ok, kind of a rip off of Leage of extraordinary gentlemen
though. Very similar storyline.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:27:42 AM

"SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>>> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

>>> I wouldn't buy Hellboy for $2 and a pack of Skittles.
>>
>> You couldn't give me $2 and a pack of Skittles to take a copy of Hellboy.
>> ;)  Borrowed it from a friend, wish I could have that hour and half to two
>> hours back as well.
>>

> I didnt think it was taht bad, saw it at the dollar movies on 50 cents day
> and thought it was ok, kind of a rip off of Leage of extraordinary
> gentlemen though. Very similar storyline.

Kind of a rip off? That is exactly what came to mind when I saw it. It
just wasn't as cool.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:48:36 PM

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message
>
>>"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

>>>You couldn't give me $2 and a pack of Skittles to take a copy of Hellboy.
>>>;) Borrowed it from a friend, wish I could have that hour and half to two
>>>hours back as well.
>>>

>>I didnt think it was taht bad, saw it at the dollar movies on 50 cents day
>>and thought it was ok, kind of a rip off of Leage of extraordinary
>>gentlemen though. Very similar storyline.
>>

> Kind of a rip off? That is exactly what came to mind when I saw it. It
> just wasn't as cool.

I didn't really think of LoEG when watching it. I thought LoEG was okay,
but not something I would really want to see again. Could have been
better than it was IMO. Hellboy was not nearly as good as it was.
April 28, 2005 1:55:41 PM

In article <7AMbe.1125$m85.266@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
"gcc" <nospamming@me.com> wrote:

> > about $14-17
>
> My Walmart currently has all UMD Movies marked at 13.49 :o )

Still too expensive if you can't play it back on a big screen like you
can DVDs.

They should be priced a lot less than DVDs or better yet, bundled with
DVDs.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 9:04:32 PM

"poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message
news:p oldy-78BC3F.09554028042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com...
> In article <7AMbe.1125$m85.266@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
> "gcc" <nospamming@me.com> wrote:
>
>> > about $14-17
>>
>> My Walmart currently has all UMD Movies marked at 13.49 :o )
>
> Still too expensive if you can't play it back on a big screen like you
> can DVDs.
>
> They should be priced a lot less than DVDs or better yet, bundled with
> DVDs.

PSP video 9 allows you to watch the videos on your computer monitor. I
don't know how you would carry that over to TV but I am sure someone will.
At any rate, I wouldn't want to watch UMD movies on my HDTV anyway so that
point is moot for me. I don't know many people who would have much interest
in watching non hi- def movies on anything other than the PSP.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:22:47 AM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

>>> You couldn't give me $2 and a pack of Skittles to take a copy of
>>> Hellboy. ;)  Borrowed it from a friend, wish I could have that hour and
>>> half to two hours back as well.
>>>

>> I didnt think it was taht bad, saw it at the dollar movies on 50 cents
>> day and thought it was ok, kind of a rip off of Leage of extraordinary
>> gentlemen though. Very similar storyline.
>>

> Kind of a rip off? That is exactly what came to mind when I saw it. It
> just wasn't as cool.

No but was it really all that bad?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:23:32 AM

> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>> "SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

>>>I didnt think it was taht bad, saw it at the dollar movies on 50 cents
>>>day and thought it was ok, kind of a rip off of Leage of extraordinary
>>>gentlemen though. Very similar storyline.
>>>

>> Kind of a rip off? That is exactly what came to mind when I saw it. It
>> just wasn't as cool.
>
> I didn't really think of LoEG when watching it. I thought LoEG was okay,
> but not something I would really want to see again. Could have been better
> than it was IMO. Hellboy was not nearly as good as it was.

I know but I didnt think it was super bad either.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:24:30 AM

"poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message
news:p oldy-78BC3F.09554028042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com...
> In article <7AMbe.1125$m85.266@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
> "gcc" <nospamming@me.com> wrote:
>
>> > about $14-17
>>
>> My Walmart currently has all UMD Movies marked at 13.49 :o )
>
> Still too expensive if you can't play it back on a big screen like you
> can DVDs.
>
> They should be priced a lot less than DVDs or better yet, bundled with
> DVDs.

Now all walmart has to do is wait for none of the UMDs to sell then
advertise free UMD with any DVD purchase to move their inventory ;p.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:26:48 AM

> "poldy" <poldy@kfu.com> wrote in message
> news:p oldy-78BC3F.09554028042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com...

>>> My Walmart currently has all UMD Movies marked at 13.49 :o )
>>
>> Still too expensive if you can't play it back on a big screen like you
>> can DVDs.
>>
>> They should be priced a lot less than DVDs or better yet, bundled with
>> DVDs.
>
> PSP video 9 allows you to watch the videos on your computer monitor. I
> don't know how you would carry that over to TV but I am sure someone will.
> At any rate, I wouldn't want to watch UMD movies on my HDTV anyway so that
> point is moot for me. I don't know many people who would have much
> interest in watching non hi- def movies on anything other than the PSP.

I would, I really dont care much for Hi-Def picture, the difference is
negligable and definatly not worth the price tag, at least to me but Im
poor, if I were rich Id own one ;p. The point is regular old fashioned TV
is good enough for me until Hi-Def price drops. WHich will prob be 10 years
lol.

Interesting side note, did you know when VCRs first came out they were
almost 7 grand apiece.

!