Change default program

If anyone could help me,it would be really appreciated.
Everytime I try to open up several programs, windows
media player pops up because earlier, I chose that as the
program with which to open something. I tried to change
the open with to another program, but there is no
option "open with", just "open", so I have no idea how to
stop windows media player from automatically opening up
for all these programs. Help please. Thank you.

Gaby wrote:
> If anyone could help me,it would be really appreciated.
> Everytime I try to open up several programs, windows
> media player pops up because earlier, I chose that as the
> program with which to open something. I tried to change
> the open with to another program, but there is no
> option "open with", just "open", so I have no idea how to
> stop windows media player from automatically opening up
> for all these programs. Help please. Thank you.

Hold down the Shift key, while you right click a file to see the Open With
menu item.

You can also use the Set Program Access and Defaults tool.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

jeff

hi,

You can also go to control panel>Folder Options>file
types, find the file type and change the association of
that file

Jeff