Change default program

If anyone could help me,it would be really appreciated.
Everytime I try to open up several programs, windows
media player pops up because earlier, I chose that as the
program with which to open something. I tried to change
the open with to another program, but there is no
option "open with", just "open", so I have no idea how to
stop windows media player from automatically opening up
for all these programs. Help please. Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about change default program

    Gaby wrote:
    > If anyone could help me,it would be really appreciated.
    > Everytime I try to open up several programs, windows
    > media player pops up because earlier, I chose that as the
    > program with which to open something. I tried to change
    > the open with to another program, but there is no
    > option "open with", just "open", so I have no idea how to
    > stop windows media player from automatically opening up
    > for all these programs. Help please. Thank you.

    Hold down the Shift key, while you right click a file to see the Open With
    menu item.

    You can also use the Set Program Access and Defaults tool.

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    hi,

    You can also go to control panel>Folder Options>file
    types, find the file type and change the association of
    that file

    Jeff

Configuration Default Customization Media Player Windows XP