My pc hijacked by trojan

patri

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hello,
i am using windows 7..genuine version..before a week it was all working fine...i have tried installing trend micro antivirus..it was installed.
but cud not startup after reboot as normal process may be due to a malware..not able to change firewall settings..
it is not even listed in the services list
then i tried installing various antivirus like avast6 internet security,pc doctor,super antispyware..
avast 6 never detects tat trojan..
but pc doctor sometime detects tat and deletes it temporarily..
its name is trojan.paccyn..

it redirects to 95p.com,mediashifting.com from some google search results not all results..also it will make pc shutdown automatically..

also bcos of this trojan someone is remotely accesing pc,bcos in netstat -an

i cud found out numerous active connections..i have shared my connection only with my mobile

Please anybody tell me how to get rid of this trojan without formatting ..

Thanx in advance

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
run your antivirus/antispyware from safemode. that normally will take care of it.
to get into safemode hit f8 repeatively until you get a screen to pick how to boot windows. then pick either safemode or safemode with networking. either will do.

you could also put the drive in another computer with up to date antivirus/antispyware and have it scan your drive.

also try the microsoft security essentials. they actually did a good job with it. it finds most things and doesn't annoy the crap out of you like they normally do.
you can download that here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
remove the hard drive and plug it into another computer, as second drive, to be scanned. I would use malwarebytes and combofix. While plugged in as secondary drive, might as well copy your personal data.

Still the best solution is to reformat the drive to remove the virus completely.