1000$ gaming build

Approximate Purchase Date: Christmas

Budget Range: 1050-1150

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Windows, Keyboard, mouse (I need a display).

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I don't care, near south-side Brisbane.

Country: Australia

Parts Preferences: I prefer intel/nvidia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: In the future I yes.

Monitor Resolution: I don't know, I'm not familiar with monitors

Some research I've done:

I've found this:

Gainward GTX570 1280M DDR5 2DVI HDMI ---- $339.00

Why so cheap? (http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=82&bid=5&sid=79164)
12 answers Last reply
More about 1000 gaming build
  1. Are you tryingto fit the monitor in that budget as well or not?
  2. Yes.
  3. hmmm.... You in the US? Never Mind...
  4. jemm said:


    I only need a 1 TB hd.

    Why not the cheap 570 I found rather than that 560ti?

    The prices of the things on umart (Southside Brisbane) and the prices can be lowered by like 20-60 dollars each part.
  5. just cross reference the parts then you would have your build on the website you use
  6. zombieman222 said:
    I only need a 1 TB hd.

    Why not the cheap 570 I found rather than that 560ti?

    The prices of the things on umart (Southside Brisbane) and the prices can be lowered by like 20-60 dollars each part.


    No problem, just pick an HD with 1TB -- perhaps a SSD for the OS and programs are not a bad idea, as you can save some money on umart.

    The GTX560Ti I suggested you has 2GB against 1GB of the 570, and basically no difference in price.
  7. jemm said:
    No problem, just pick an HD with 1TB -- perhaps a SSD for the OS and programs are not a bad idea, as you can save some money on umart.

    The GTX560Ti I suggested you has 2GB against 1GB of the 570, and basically no difference in price.

    From what I've heard, the 560ti 2gb will only beat a 1gb 570 IF your resolution is large. I will probably play at 1920x1200
  8. Another question, should I be wary of gainward gpus? They are like 40-60 dollars cheaper then the rest. The only difference I can see is that it has a 2x less memory clockspeed.
  9. Also, I'm not sure which monitor I should pick. I'm looking for a nice 1900x1200 or 1900x1080 one.
  10. jemm said:
    No problem, just pick an HD with 1TB -- perhaps a SSD for the OS and programs are not a bad idea, as you can save some money on umart.

    The GTX560Ti I suggested you has 2GB against 1GB of the 570, and basically no difference in price.


    Woah, what? Get the 570 over the 560ti. Would make almost no sense to go 560ti. Actully, I'd go AMD but whatever.
  11. RichterFry said:
    Woah, what? Get the 570 over the 560ti. Would make almost no sense to go 560ti. Actully, I'd go AMD but whatever.

    Is what I thought.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems