STaroffice 6 beta Linux Install

latrine

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2001
Hello... I am a newbie in Linux, and I have installed a box with mandrake linux 8.1 and have lots of web services running... but now I wanted an office suite and "knowing" about staroffice I set myself to download position... I have downloaded a 128 Mb .bin file and now I do not know what to do with it...

Is it a BIN like a cd image? if so shouldn't there be a Cue?and why does it show up as an executable file in Kde?

when I clik on it using the kdesktop my machine just sits there doing nothing... Cliking on it with right button there is no install, run or execute function...

How can I install it (sun's site is very poor about this issue) and the pdf present explains only the screens that should appera during set-up.

TIA
Latrine

yeah, yeah, just wait till I flush it!

G

it's not a bin image file, just a binary executable.

firstly, make sure it really is executable. open up the shell, 'cd' to the directory it's in, and type "chmod a+x so-6_0-beta-bin-linux-en.bin". that'll make sure it's executable. Then type './so-6_0-beta-bin-linux-en.bin' to run it. it should open up the install screen after a minute or so.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rjb263 on 12/13/01 05:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

latrine

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2001
Thxs... it was corrupted... I downloaded it again pressed on it in KDE and I am presently installing it :)

Thxs...
Latrine

yeah, yeah, just wait till I flush it!

TRENDING THREADS