Nvidia Driver Problems

I have ASUS ENGTX 560 DC/2DI/1GD5 with 280 version drivers installed and I cannot enable Windows Aero Effect with my card, I get these errors when I try to fix it:
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1e/Ln/1U2hgrem/image-122.png
And this when I start Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor:
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/W/df/1OqznR70/image-212.png
It says that my card doesn't support Windows Aero.. I mean... LOL ... One of the better cards can't support simple Aero effect.
My PC specs are:
ASUS P8Z68-V
i5 2500k
2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz
and this 560 Nvidia card...
And when I try to Update or reinstall my drivers I get this Error page :/
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/10/FT/43WjEYaq/image-35.png
Till now I've tried uninstalling the drivers with various types of Driver Cleaning programs, I've tried cleaning up the registry too and everything, but I still cannot pass the error window which I showed above(it's the 3rd picture) when I want to install my drivers. What should I do ??? Please help!
14 answers Last reply
More about nvidia driver problems
  1. Have you made sure that W7 is fully updated? Have you tried deleting the Nvidia .dll files from the System32 folder?
  2. I have Windows 7 Service pack 1 installed and updates are turned on.
    I can try removing those files, jsut thele where exactly to locate them and their names.. But I think it wont work : /
  3. C: /windows/System32/ and delete all the Nvidia .dlls. I have 41 in my folder and I can't be bothered to list them.
  4. Have you tried to uninstall in safe mode? With DriverCleaner (in safe mode again)?
  5. Mousemonkey said:
    C: /windows/System32/ and delete all the Nvidia .dlls. I have 41 in my folder and I can't be bothered to list them.

I don't know which ones are Nvidia dlls, there are too many random named files and folders.. :/

Anonymous said:
    Have you tried to uninstall in safe mode? With DriverCleaner (in safe mode again)?

I have not tried anything in Safe mode, Maybe that could help. I was thinking about downloading Service Pack 1 again and reinstall it, maybe it will help in some way (refresh some system files or something) : /
  6. DoX said:
    I don't know which ones are Nvidia dlls, there are too many random named files and folders.. :/

Go into list view and hover your cursor over files beginning 'Nv'.
  7. Done that now, deleted everything related with Nvidia from my PC and when I try to install the latest drivers again I get the same error. :/
  8. I had a similar issue when I first got my 560's and I tried to install them on an old install of Vista and again when I reformatted and installed W7 64 and both times I had to keep clicking on windows update, shutting down rebooting and clicking on windows update in an effort to force some updates that didn't seem to happen automatically and after a bit the driver installed without any problem.
  9. So you installed your drivers Via Windows Update, not over Nvidia official site for their drivers ?
  10. DoX said:
    So you installed your drivers Via Windows Update, not over Nvidia official site for their drivers ?

No that's the only update I didn't install as I wanted to install the official driver.
  11. Ohh.. But when I first installed my card I think that the drivers were automatically downloaded :/ .. maybe it's the best way to do the fresh system install, to turn off my Internet connection(or to turn off windows update) and to install drivers which I already downloaded manually.. ? Hope it will fix my Windows Aero problem too :/
  12. You could try that if it's possible, most people don't want or are unable to do a reinstall of windows so I was hesitant to suggest that.
  13. I don't see any other option :/ I think I've tried everythin, except Safe Mode Cleaning :s
  14. Problem solved by reinstalling the system. Thanks. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Graphics