Gigabyte gtx460 superoverclock+sapphire 6970 vaporx

phippsy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I got the gigabyte gtx460 superoverclock and sapphire 6870 vaporX with both I can't play games without vsync because I get a blurry line going vertically across my screen when I move why am I getting this am I doing something wrong my freind has 2 gtx480
In sli and gameplay is so smooth with same monitor

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Uninstall all video related drivers, download and run driver sweeper( from phyxion.net) under safe mode, then install the latest ati drivers.

If that don't work try one of your friend's gtx480's on your computer to make sure it's not related to your system.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
You CANNOT use 2 different graphics cards by different vendors to play games.

I thought you meant using either a 6850 or gtx460, if you bought it with the purpose of using like in an SLI setup to boost performance, you've wasted your money.

You will obviously have driver and performance issues using them like that, does the line dissapear when enabling vsync?

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
So that means the cards are the problem, try doing the driver sweeper thing and if it doesn't solve it then RMA or return them.

And does the line go away after enabling vsync? and does it only happen when you play a game?

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
try cleaning the drivers ad installing newest ones.

Also if you didn't uninstall the nvidia drivers before puttin the ati card in or viceversa then that's the most likely culprit to the problem, uninstall both drivers clean them then install ONLY the ones of the card you're gonna use

phippsy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Done that a while ago plus it's doing the same with other machine it's doing it on fps games don't u think could be monitor but maybe not if friends works ok on sli

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
If you say the cards do that on both machines, then it's probably a hardware problem with the cards, try it on a different OS( ubuntu maybe) and if the problem doesn't show up, then it's something to do with windows drivers.

Also are you using any adapters to connect the card to your monitor? If so try using a different one.

phippsy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Would a dodgy motherboard cause it I noticed since I've had it it doesn't notice all my ram I got 8gb and it notices only 6gb and yesterday droped to 4gb then back to 6gb after restart

origin1992

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Isn't Vsync used to hold a games FPS (frames per second) at the same level as your refresh rate (like 60 FPS - 60Hz).

What settings do you play at e.g resolution, and whats your Refresh rate set to?