Sign in with
Your question

Case question and opinions

Last response: in Components
March 19, 2012 3:21:04 AM

I am planning on building a semi-budget gaming rig and really like the HAF 912 for my case. However I also like the variant on this case the Storm Enforcer. Cooler Master currently has a refurbished version on their site for cheaper than the HAF 912 here. Normally I would be wary of refurbished items for a computer, but this is the case not a critical piece of hardware.

My question is how reliable is Cooler Master with refurbished cases?

Side question regarding the Storm Enforcer. It comes stock with 200mm front fan and 120mm rear fan. this setup insures positive air pressure in the case. There is also a slot for a 200mm top exhaust, which would put the case in negative pressure right? Will this cause a ton of dust build up, or am I over thinking the fan pressure situation? (will be using a CM Hyper 212 evo as well if that changes anything) Compare this to the HAF 912 that would allow 200mm top and front, 120mm back, and 140mm side. This would maintain positive pressure with a side fan that provides excellent cooling ive read.

More about : case question opinions

a c 111 ) Power supply
March 19, 2012 3:25:37 AM

Don't know, but I own a 912 myself and it offers great cooling/cablemanagement.
m
l
March 19, 2012 4:07:06 AM

Either case should be great but I think you are over-thinking the fan situation, cool air blows in and warm air blows out. No need to worry. Correctly installed, the Hyper 212 will keep the cpu cool and the positive/negative pressure situations usually only apply when water-cooling.
m
l
Related resources
March 19, 2012 10:52:48 PM

bump

thanks for the responses so far, looking for a little more input :D 

(i'm also throwing around the idea to get a H60 and have the back fan as intake instead of exhaust making the case very positive pressure any input on that? )
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
March 20, 2012 3:39:43 AM

Get the hyper 212+ and use the extra money towards something else such as another fan. You will need 2 intake fans (I suggest cougar fans) for the HAF 912 and remove the top drive cage for maximum performance.
m
l
!