User Accounts

I thought that having User Accounts meant that you could keep files private
if required. I have Administrator acces so I can see everything. My
Daughter has limited access, but if she uses Windows explorer she can access
my files - how is that so? My account is passworded.

In Windows explorer right click on "sicret" folder and in
pop-up menu you will find "Share" option. Accaunt password
protect only access to youre desktop. Read help topics
about Sharig folders and files.

Hi,

To make your documents private, right click on "My Documents" and select properties. Flip to the sharing tab and check
"Make this folder private". This is only possible on NTFS file systems.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Jacqui" <Jacqui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A4DCF5C-270E-4067-9F2E-91E2441C9D59@microsoft.com...
>I thought that having User Accounts meant that you could keep files private
> if required. I have Administrator acces so I can see everything. My
> Daughter has limited access, but if she uses Windows explorer she can access
> my files - how is that so? My account is passworded.

Thanks Guys

You both helped - except 'make this folder private' is in grey on my PC -
cannot check the box. Must have wrong system - not NTFS (Whatever that is).
Will have to put Xmas lists on floppies!!