I am running XBMC on an Acer R1600 with Windows 7.
I am trying to connect to an RCA F38310 which only has YPbPr component video input for HD.
To get around this I am using a ViewHD VHD-H2YVs HDMI to YPbPr Component converter.
I have Windows 7 and XBMC both set at 1920x1080
On windows 7 desktop the display is scrambled.
However, when my htpc loads XBMC it syncs up and gives me a picture.
Any ideas what's going on?
I have tried all sorts of different refresh rates in Windows 7 and nothing seems to work so far.
More about :connected older hdtv hdmi component converter
I can't think of any other than a driver issue, uninstall your current drivers, download and install driver sweeper( from phyxion.net) and run it under safe mode to clean nvidia driver leftovers, then download and install the latest ones. That could help.
ViewHD Two Input HDMI to RGB Component YPbPr / VGA 2x1 Switch Converter
Newer Version "VHD-H2YVs", supports 5.1CH surround sound (check the 2CH/5.1CH Audio Switch in the picture) with SPDIF output, and 1080P Component Video (updated 5/24/2011).
Two HDMI Input Switch to Either Component (YPbPr / RGB) Video for TV or VGA Video for Computer Monitor
The World Most Powerful HDCP Deciphering Converter Ever, Support Older None HDCP Compliant TVs
Perfectly Centered Crystal Clear & Bright Component Video Image with Amazing Color Depth
Support 2CH SPDIF Optical, 3.5mm and RCA L/R Outputs
Best Performance and Best Compatibility in Category!
Support AppleTV for 720P TV application
Features: (Model VHD-H2YVs)
1. Perfectly Centered RGB / Component Video Image: the only device that recreates the sync and timing alignment completely and therefore perfectly centers the image according to the SMPTE (NTSC/PAL) standards in all modes. No other converters can compete against recreating the syncs completely.
2. Support 2CH / 5.1CH SPDIF Optical, Stereo Audio with the 3.5mm Jack (A Y Audio Cable is Included for L/R connection to the 3.5mm jack)
3. Two HDMI Inputs Provide Unparalleled Convenience to Support Two HDMI Video Sources at the same time.
4. Connect to Component Video TV and VGA Monitor Simultaneously (Output supports either Component Video or VGA with switch control)
5. Support Audio Receiver with SPDIF and Headset with 3.5mm Jack Simultaneously in both Component and VGA modes at the same time (No need for swap audio cables)
6. Best Compatibility (Support AppleTV) and Performance (Beautiful, Bright and Clear Component Video Picture!)
7. YPbPr Component Output Supports 480i, 480P, 576i, 576P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P
8. VGA Output Supports 480i, 480P, 576i, 576P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P
9. Include: 110V-240V Power Adapter 5VDC with US Plug. Y Audio Adapter for L/R Audio Connection and user manual in Portable Small Size for Best Mobility
10. 30 Day Return Policy and ViewHD One Year Warranty
1080 output in XBMC is producing a good picture.
If I close XBMC, 1080 output on Windows Desktop is scrambled picture.
I fixed it.
For some reason the resolution was changing when I exited XBMC.
I used Teamviewer to log into my XBMC computer from my laptop while the screen was scrambled and then I was able to correct the resolution in windows.