DVI to HDMI issue

Jimmmmmn

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Hi all,

Upgraded from 5770 to 6970 [a model with 2x DVI and 4x displayport] and I cannot get an image on my 40" samsung series 5 lcdtv [1080p].

Using the 5770 was no problem as it had an HDMI port.

I have tried using the supplied DVI->HDMI adaptor on both of the DVI ports [no documentation says which one should be used....] and tried to get it working with DVI cable -> VGA converter to TV again with no joy. Sadly the tv has no DVI connection.

I can get an image over the DVI->HDMI converter using my other monitor no problem.

So far it looks like its pointing to my TV is not compatible but im hoping I have missed something - i cant remember but i think I had it working initially but have been playing about with my setup.

Will a displayport to HDMI converter be a better option? Anyone else encountered similar issues?

Cheers,
Jim

Jimmmmmn

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Further to the above CCC does recognise the model of the TV and lists the supported display modes but the tv is refusing to display an image. Frustrating!

Jimmmmmn

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
after more testing I have found that one of the dvi ports can be switched between dual and single. I have set this to single. Also when the PC is booting up black is shown as red on the hdtv. As soon as the desktop loads I lose the image though.

I did have the 1080p desktop and even sound via the DVI - > HDMI cable on my hdtv for about 30 seconds after the first boot today but then the signal went - cant get it back.