Downgrade directx

Slim Shady 45

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,
I bought Rage recently, installed the required driver, and everything was just dandy. However, I went to play quake 4 later and this happened: It launched, the Quake 4 screen came up (not the main menu), and then closed. A message popped up that said "Display Driver has recovered." How do I fix this? Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

P.S. I am running Win 7 64 bit with an AMD Phenom II quad-core processor and an AMD Raedon EAH 6850 graphics card.

Slim Shady 45

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I tried rebooting, nothing happened. As for INzone's post, I appreciate the help, and I should have specified it in the original post, but I am only 15. I'm worried that I'll f*** my computer up, so if you or someone else could give me step-by-step directions or send me a link that does, that would be great.

First go to the Nvidia site and download the latest drivers(285.38) , they are beta drivers so you have to look in the legacy and beta drivers section, then you want to go into control pannel and uninstall the Nvidia drivers. You will then do a restart and install the drivers you downloaded and then restart.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

He clearly mentioned an AMD card, whats this talk about nvidia?

On the other hand it is already confirmed that IF you download and install the RAGE performance drivers other games will suffer or just not work. Uninstall the RAGE driver, install the regular AMD drivers, and it should all work fine.