First build, stuck on the "loading operating system" screen.

Bdayton94

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Well I posted on the forum earlier today asking for help on my build. Well here I am now with a running computer, but I can't seem to get windows 7 64-bit to install. My computer will boot showing the gigabyte loading screen (my mb is a gigabyte 970A-UD3) I read that some people advised others with this problem to flash their bios, but I really don't know how to do any of that...if you need anymore details on my build, just let me know! Thanks!

Solution
Try disconnecting all non-essential devices you might have attached to the machine, they might be interfering with setup.

Try reducing the amount of installed RAM to a single stick and attempt the installation to see if it completes. If it completes successfully, you can proceed to re-add the additional RAM.

If you have more than one internal hard disk attached to the system, detach all except the target hard disk where Windows 7 will be installed.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
How long have you let it wait while it was "Stuck" to see if it will move to the next step? There are a couple points in the windows 7 install that can take a little while to gather resources on some computers.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Did you reformat the drive entirely before making a clean install?
You MUST do that before installing 64 bit. 32 bit will not upgrade to 64 bit.
Are you SURE that you have a 64 bit motherboard and processor?
64 bit will NOT install on a 32 bit machine.
Look up the motherboard and processor specifications. VERIFY, do NOT assume.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Try disconnecting all non-essential devices you might have attached to the machine, they might be interfering with setup.

Try reducing the amount of installed RAM to a single stick and attempt the installation to see if it completes. If it completes successfully, you can proceed to re-add the additional RAM.

If you have more than one internal hard disk attached to the system, detach all except the target hard disk where Windows 7 will be installed.

Solution

Bdayton94

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Alright thanks, I'll be sure to try with just one stick of ram. I really don't have anything extra besides maybe my optical drive, but thanks for the help! I'll be sure to post results when I have them.