Issues after installing GeForce 210 Vid Card

LRW65

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hi,
I need some help. I just put a PCI express GeForce 210 in my Dell Dimension 4700 and am having a issue when I go to boot the system up. When I turn it on, the fan for the power supply, 305w, runs really hard and nothing else starts up. The lights on the DVD drives flash. I turn it off and back on and the fan runs hard again, then runs normal and everything comes on. But then I get the error message Alert! PCI express card operating in X1 mode. F1 to continue, F2 for setup. I hit F1 and it runs just fine.

I just want to know what am I missing. I know that my bios is out of date, but can't seem to get the update to download to my system. I have been trying for 2 days to get it, and everytime, I have an issue getting to the FTP site.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

IRhythMz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011

How Much Ur PSU W available? Nvidia g210 requires 300W(minimum), u know, rite?
And the g210 u using, how many memory? i use 1 GB. Your's?

LRW65

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

My PSU is 305w, and it is 1gb of memeory. I have cleaned out the express slot making sure it is clean and everything. And it is effecting my Sims 3Game as well.

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Sounds like the PSU is not putting enough amperes.

Time and usage have dry the capacitors inside the PSU. Try to replace for a powerful one. If the PSU is custom made (can not be replaced) your only option is sending to a local repair shop and ask for a bad cap change.

IRhythMz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
do as wat as mamailo says...Agree wat he says.
and i also think that ur PSU Cant support enouf energy for the G210 u using,change a new PSU As well for future change. recommend 500 Or 550W PSU. Therefore, there will be not much problems for future upgrades.
And also ur bios post an error rite? It Said "PCI express card operating in X1 mode".
If im not wrong that ur MoBo configure the power of the PSU given to your G210. Only a little i guess?
Change a new PSU, sure no prob. But,so far so good rite?
Any other Error's Your recieve when u playing games or anything else?

LRW65

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

My Bios is Dell Inc. A10 and it is the most updated version there is. As for the setting there, the only one that is for the Express slot is already set to not force to 1X.
My Motherboard is an Intel LGA775. That's all I know about it.

LRW65

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

The PCI-E supports 16x so it may be that the board is bad. My CPU is good.