I am buying a new computer Please help me!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AMD-Phenom-II-X2-Dual-Core-3-0G-Gaming-Desktop-Computer-PC-Gigabyte-GeForce-/260969277184?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item3cc2fb2700

That is the computer that i am buying and i really do not know anything about computers... What i do know is that i want a computer that can play video games with little to no lag and high FPS. I already have a 23 inch monitor so is all i would need to do is buy the motherboard above??? Also if that isn't perfect for gaming i was going to buy a 40$ graphics card for it if the one it has isn't very good. One more thing i was wondering was if i have Ram in my old computer can i put that in this new 1????? Ive been everywere looking for answer and nobody responds to me :( Please please help me :D
7 answers Last reply
More about buying computer
  1. More specifically the only game that i do play is WoW but i want to be able to play that with little to no lag.
  2. Hi :)

I own computer shops in the UK...

That computer is cheap, nasty and wont play games well, if at all....AVOID....

I wouldnt even sell it in my shops even if we reconditioned it :(

All the best Brett :)
  3. Looks like it's made out of the cheapest parts. It might be o.k for office work, but you're not going to be happy doing any gaming. First of all the on board GPU is pretty darn weak. The weak PSU doesn't give you too many options for adding a dedicated GPU without replacing it. While that CPU should be o.k on Wow with a decent GPU, you probably won't be able to get more out of it by overclocking on that board. Also, it does not include an OS so you either have to have one you can install or buy that separate. You could always use linux but getting games to run in Wine is a bit of a pain ^_^
  4. What's your budget?
  5. You will need to purchase and install an operating system since one is not included and as Brett cautioned, it's best to avoid this "deal" anyway. Save your money for something better.
  6. Thank you for all your answers. Would it be a better option to go with this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hard Drive Capacity: wd 500 gb plus kingston 120gb ssd hyper x HD Processor Type: AMD Phenom II Black Edition x4 965
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home 64 Bit Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
    Bundled Items: Sapphire 6850 1GB Gddr5 Graphics Card, Ultra 750 Watt X4 Modular power suppy, Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92-R CPU cooler, Liteon Blu-ray player and Sony Optica secondary DV, Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Extreme Gaming sound c, Antec 902V Computer Case, f music burning software and over 100 albums, gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+ motherboard, Lots of preloaded software programs Memory: 16 GB Corsair 4G x4 Domminator 160
  7. Yeah that's a heck of a lot better. Of course as for how good an option it is that just depends on the price.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers