My monitor blinks with mixed and Checkered colors and system hangs

Hello,
my monitor blinks with mixed and Checkered (plaid) colors and system hangs for a few seconds then after a few seconds it happens again
what's the problem?
my system specifications is:
M.B: Asus P8P67
CPU: Corei7 2600k
V.G.A: xfx 5970 black edition 2g
power: thermaltake 600w
ram: 4g+4g 1600 apacer gold
15 answers Last reply
More about monitor blinks mixed checkered colors system hangs
  1. mouse pointer will work and right click options are also available after blink
    but launcher is absent too
  2. thanks for the reply my vga is for 3 years ago and yes i have overclocked bothe cpu and vga but i'm runing the system as default optimize but there is still the problrm
  3. i was using a 1500w power before and i'm using the 600w now for the first days there was no problem and i overclocked the cpu by bios and it reached to 4993 mhz but now that it's set to the 3.4 ghz i'm still having the problem
  4. and i was ocerclocked the gpu too and now it's set to default and i was using the overvolt tool too
  5. i can test a more powerfull power but i was using the 600w and i gived 200w to cpu by bios in the time iwas overclocking it and that was working good but now cpu spends just 120 w power
  6. when i don't use the overvolt tool in amd catalyst center it won't show my gpu heat
  7. do you recomend to use a better power?
    and is there any good software to test hardwares?
  8. thanks for your answers and i must say i have played run for 1 hour in this circumestances with no problem
  9. is ADA64 a hardware?
  10. thanks and can you give me the link for ADA i can't find it
  11. thanks a lot i'll use this softwares to test hardwares but how i can be sure the problem is from the hardware (blue screen?
  12. where in the aida i can test the power?
  13. is there possible a virus can do this?
  14. Best answer selected by amin_ld.
  15. Give us the voltage readings that Aida says, also do what recon says and run those programs, keep an eye on temps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Monitors Systems