Closed

Windows XP and East Asian language pack

Hi,

I went to Control Panel>Regional/Language and tried to
install the East Asian language option. I was prompted to
search for the file cplexe.exe which is part of the XP
Home edition Service Pack 2 CD. I don't have any CD,
though I believe that I do have the Service Pack 2
installed (Windows Firewall, etc.) Any suggestions as to
how to get around this obstacle?

Also, I noticed that in order to participate in this
community, it seems I need to use IExplorer in order to
post and read messages. When I use Mozilla Firefox, I
seem to have a problem making the popup window come up,
even though I cut and posted the web address into Pop up
allowed sites on Mozilla Options menu.

Thanks for your help,

Jordan
5 answers Last reply
More about windows east asian language pack

    Hi Jordan,

    In order to install a language pack (the east-asian language pack in your case), you need the original Windows XP CD.
    Your computer should have come with a Windows XP CD.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jordan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:055601c48b1e$d9f4df00$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I went to Control Panel>Regional/Language and tried to
    > install the East Asian language option. I was prompted to
    > search for the file cplexe.exe which is part of the XP
    > Home edition Service Pack 2 CD. I don't have any CD,
    > though I believe that I do have the Service Pack 2
    > installed (Windows Firewall, etc.) Any suggestions as to
    > how to get around this obstacle?
    >
    > Also, I noticed that in order to participate in this
    > community, it seems I need to use IExplorer in order to
    > post and read messages. When I use Mozilla Firefox, I
    > seem to have a problem making the popup window come up,
    > even though I cut and posted the web address into Pop up
    > allowed sites on Mozilla Options menu.
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > Jordan

    Hi Anando,

    Perhaps it should have, but it did not. XP came pre-
    installed and I am loathe to go back to the retailer
    where I purchased it as my experience with customer care
    there so far has not been good. (It's also a humongous
    hassle to unplug my computer and drive an hour across
    town). Can't somebody at Microsoft simply email me the
    files?

    My OS was recently corrupted, necessitating an OS
    reformatting and apparently the East Asian language files
    were not recovered. I"ve just dished out a lot of bucks
    to deal with this hassle and am hoping to stem the flow
    of red ink now, but I do need the East Asian language
    files.

    Thank you for your help,

    Jordan Van Voast

    Well, to install the east-asian language pack, you need the Windows XP CD. You may have to contact the customer service
    centre of the PC retailer to solve this problem. Good luck !

    --

    "Jordan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ae701c48b7c$481b97f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi Anando,
    >
    > Perhaps it should have, but it did not. XP came pre-
    > installed and I am loathe to go back to the retailer
    > where I purchased it as my experience with customer care
    > there so far has not been good. (It's also a humongous
    > hassle to unplug my computer and drive an hour across
    > town). Can't somebody at Microsoft simply email me the
    > files?
    >
    > My OS was recently corrupted, necessitating an OS
    > reformatting and apparently the East Asian language files
    > were not recovered. I"ve just dished out a lot of bucks
    > to deal with this hassle and am hoping to stem the flow
    > of red ink now, but I do need the East Asian language
    > files.
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > Jordan Van Voast

  4. for some people it's just impossible to realize that smart detailed question does not suggest dumb short answer.... I usually ignore them, but this case is exceptional.... "thank you for your wise advise" that's all I can say.....

Configuration Windows XP