Sign in with
Your question

My Nvidia GTX+ 9800 won't play any games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 18, 2011 7:48:30 AM

2 weeks ago, i install new drivers for the battlefield 3 BETA and after a few days, my screen got these

vertical lines. Everything worked, just the display was messed up. Turns out it was a driver problem, so after

resetting the card and drivers, my computer was okay.

Then, a few days ago, I got a code 43 on my card. When I try to play games, they either freeze on startup or

flash a notice saying "could not load direct 3d' or "this game requires a DX9 capable graphics card. Your

driver or card does not support DX9 or 3D acceleration".

Going into the device manager theres a triangle with ! in it next to the card, and when i double click and check device status,

it gives me; "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

and also, " the device isn't using any resources because it has a problem"

The thing I don't get is that my computer recognizes the device as Nvidea GTX+ 9800, and I can check

what driver version it has. My monitor is plugged into the card right now and I am using it fine. Fan on the

card is also running. So I don't think that the card died, but I don't know whats wrong with it.

October 18, 2011 8:28:23 AM

Definatly Seems like some sort of Driver Issue. The card may be overheating but i think it would be more likely a driver problem. Where did you get your drivers from?
m
l
October 18, 2011 9:29:36 AM

Nvidia. I think the card is automatically using the standard windows VGA driver, even though it was i got the latest driver installed.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 18, 2011 9:57:12 AM

Use driver sweeper and do a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers and see if that helps.
m
l
!