list is as follow :
- Case Antec MicroFusion Remote 350 Mini HTPC Enclosure $180
- Motherboard Gigabyte A75M-UD2H Micro ATX Motherboard $95
- CPU AMD A8-3850 APU Quad-Core Processor (AD3850WNGXBOX) $140
- Memory Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A XMS3 4 GB Memory Kit fro PC3-10666 1333mhz 240-pin Dual Channel DDR3 $30
- Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s ST31000524AS $75
- Optical Drive LG Internal Blu-Ray Drive with DVD-Rewriter CH10LS20 $70
- Keyboard Cideko Wireless Air Keyboard and Gyro Mouse Combo for PC, Mac, and PS3 (AVK02) $80
- Remote Control Rosewill Windows 7 Certified Media Center $25
Alternative would be to get an I3 2100T for the integrated HD graphics, but would that really change a lot ? What mobo to get in that case ?
I would also add a Wifi card probably + tv tuner card : do you think that would fit in such a case ? what model would you recomend then ?
I like the concept of the slim case, but if there's a better alternative, please do provide advice. I have seen lovely Lian Li small cases for HTPCs like the C-50 but there's no remote associated. Also i have seen the Luxa 2 from Thermaltake that looks nice, even if much more expenssive than the ones we talked about earlier.
Thanks for comments
My priorities are silence and evolution in the future + capacity to read all available media (not particularly interested in recording tv shows )
The i3-2100T would get you more power, but for a true HTPC that isn't needed. A mini case is nice IF you can work with it. It is a PITA to install components in and expansion is next to nothing... If you are looking at adding a tuner card, I would say go with a bigger case. The HTPC build below is for comparison. Note the Silverstone case...
I have made up my mind !
Reminder : Aim is to have as much silence as possible and future-proof configuration:
What i will do with this is mainly play 1080 blue-ray rips and play MP3s. I am not thinking about the TV card + recording as i have the ISP box for it at the moment.
- CPU : Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155
- CPU cooler : Scythe Shuriken Rev.B Quiet Low Profile CPU Cooler (Socket 939/940/AM2/AM2+/AM3/LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366)
- DDR : Kingston HyperX Genesis 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Triple Channel (KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX) or G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (do i need triple or dual channel memory for Z68 ?)
- CASE : Thermaltake Luxa2 LM200 enclosure or Silverstone CW02 or Thermaltake DH 202 (which one would you go for ?)
- GPU : Zotac Introduces Passively Cooled GTS 450 Zone Edition (is it really necessary for my use ?)
- Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68 Micro ATX LGA 1155 (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3) or ASUS P8P67-M PRO LGA 1155 Micro ATX (which is best for reliability and hassle free use ?)
- PSU : Seasonic X-460FL 460W Fanless Power
- STORAGE : boot disk : CRUCIAL M4 SSD / storage X2 : Hitachi Deskstar 3TB 5400rpm or Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green SATA or Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB (which are best for silence and long term reliability ?)
- Optical drive : Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP 12x BluRay ROM / DVDRW
- Do i need to get keyboard and mouse for that or is the remote provided with the case ok ?
Thanks ! for your input !