Sign in with
Your question

A good motherboard for gaming?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 25, 2013 5:04:22 PM

I was planning to get the Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 motherboard, but then I got unsure if it was good for gaming. Is it? If it's not, do you know any good ones?

Thanks.
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 25, 2013 5:25:22 PM

I don't think motherboard choice will have a big impact on gaming performance. Any Z77 chipset motherboard will give you good overclocking ability, although complete unknown brands should still be avoided. I think Gigabyte is an ok brand, but the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 seems to be a more popular choice for a gaming motherboard. Does the Gigabyte have some features you need that the ASRock board doesn't?
January 25, 2013 5:37:37 PM

I actually think the ASRock one looks better. Plus it's cheaper. It has all of the ports that I need too!

Does it get a lot of DOAs and do they replace DOA ones?
Related resources
January 26, 2013 12:09:48 AM

"Does the Gigabyte have some features you need that the ASRock board doesn't? "

Does anyone have an answer to this?
a b V Motherboard
January 26, 2013 1:11:37 AM

mobonoob2 said:
"Does the Gigabyte have some features you need that the ASRock board doesn't? "

Does anyone have an answer to this?

You cannot ask that question without pointing out the specific product. Only thing I know is that gigabyte boards are better for overclocking and I really like the qflash utility to update bios.
a b V Motherboard
January 26, 2013 1:19:36 AM

SuperPaperFan said:
I actually think the ASRock one looks better. Plus it's cheaper. It has all of the ports that I need too!

Does it get a lot of DOAs and do they replace DOA ones?

ASRock is a gold brand but I think gigabyte is better. ASRock extreme 4 is really good for he price but if you can afford more than that I'd say go for gigabyte g1.sniper 3 $260 or gigabyte z77 up7 $400
December 12, 2013 10:39:02 AM

Gigabyte motherboards are considered goid for hackintosh (i.e osx on pc )
!