'my pictures' folder does not go away

August 26, 2004 12:48:29 AM

Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up that is
called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use to
send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt need
the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I navigate
to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I had
placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one. ALso
note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my pictures-"
is the one that is listed there.
How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???

More about : pictures folder

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 1:57:14 PM

Hi,

Short answer-You cant. The 'My Pictures' folder is a system folder and every time you delete it, it will be restored.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message news:eF4tN%23xiEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up that is
> called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
> location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use to
> send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt need
> the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I navigate
> to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I had
> placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
> difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one. ALso
> note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my pictures-"
> is the one that is listed there.
> How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???

August 26, 2004 1:57:15 PM

thanks Anado. So then How can I get this my pictures folder to be in the
start up menu (after clicking start on bottom lft hand corner) so that it
can be with the other things I have there. I have there My docs, My
pictures-, My music, My computor, and my network places : in the first box.
then I have control panel, etc on down.
If I can get this system folder to be the main one for pictures, then I can
transfer everything there and delete the one with the hyphen in it. Can you
please help me figure this one out.t hanks
"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Short answer-You cant. The 'My Pictures' folder is a system folder and
every time you delete it, it will be restored.

> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> > Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up
that is
> > called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
> > location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use
> > send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt
need
> > the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I
navigate
> > to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I
had
> > placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
> > difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one.
ALso
> > note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my
pictures-"
> > is the one that is listed there.
> > How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 2:18:47 AM

Hi,

My Pictures is there on the Start menu by default. If you had turned it off, you can right-click on the start button and
select properties. Click on customize and flip to the advanced tab and scroll down the list under 'start menu items' and
select 'display as a link' under My Pictures. This will make My Pictures available on the start menu.
--

!