'my pictures' folder does not go away

Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up that is
called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use to
send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt need
the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I navigate
to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I had
placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one. ALso
note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my pictures-"
is the one that is listed there.
How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???
3 answers Last reply
More about pictures folder away

    Hi,

    Short answer-You cant. The 'My Pictures' folder is a system folder and every time you delete it, it will be restored.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message news:eF4tN%23xiEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up that is
    > called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
    > location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use to
    > send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt need
    > the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I navigate
    > to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I had
    > placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
    > difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one. ALso
    > note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my pictures-"
    > is the one that is listed there.
    > How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???

    thanks Anado. So then How can I get this my pictures folder to be in the
    start up menu (after clicking start on bottom lft hand corner) so that it
    can be with the other things I have there. I have there My docs, My
    pictures-, My music, My computor, and my network places : in the first box.
    then I have control panel, etc on down.
    If I can get this system folder to be the main one for pictures, then I can
    transfer everything there and delete the one with the hyphen in it. Can you
    please help me figure this one out.t hanks
    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Short answer-You cant. The 'My Pictures' folder is a system folder and
    every time you delete it, it will be restored.

    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up
    that is
    > > called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
    > > location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use
    > > send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt
    need
    > > the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I
    navigate
    > > to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I
    had
    > > placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
    > > difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one.
    ALso
    > > note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my
    pictures-"
    > > is the one that is listed there.
    > > How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???

    Hi,

    My Pictures is there on the Start menu by default. If you had turned it off, you can right-click on the start button and
    select properties. Click on customize and flip to the advanced tab and scroll down the list under 'start menu items' and
    select 'display as a link' under My Pictures. This will make My Pictures available on the start menu.
    --

    "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message news:eI06Hw4iEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > thanks Anado. So then How can I get this my pictures folder to be in the
    > start up menu (after clicking start on bottom lft hand corner) so that it
    > can be with the other things I have there. I have there My docs, My
    > pictures-, My music, My computor, and my network places : in the first box.
    > then I have control panel, etc on down.
    > If I can get this system folder to be the main one for pictures, then I can
    > transfer everything there and delete the one with the hyphen in it. Can you
    > please help me figure this one out.t hanks
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Short answer-You cant. The 'My Pictures' folder is a system folder and
    > every time you delete it, it will be restored.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi- THere is a folder when I click on 'My documents' and it opens up
    > that is
    >> > called 'my pictures'. It is empty. I have another folder in the same
    >> > location that is also called 'my pictures-' that is the one that I use
    >> > send pictures to. Notice that I put a hyphen at the end. SInce I didnt
    > need
    >> > the one that is missing the hyphen, I deleted it. But as soon as I
    > navigate
    >> > to somewhere else and then comeback, that folder comes back as well. I
    > had
    >> > placed a hyphen on the folder that is 'My pictures-' so that I can
    >> > difereentiate between the two and send the pictures to the hyphen one.
    > ALso
    >> > note that when I click start at the bottom left corner, the "my
    > pictures-"
    >> > is the one that is listed there.
    >> > How can I get rid of the one without the - permanently???

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP