Canon Multipass F20 vs Canon i850?

Fmar26

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2003
I am thinking of getting a Canon i850, which I know is an excellent printer, however before I buy, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the multifunctions printer Canon Multipass F20 (printer, scanner, copier). I already have a scanner,the reason why I consider a multifunctions printer is to save space in my office. However, I want to make sure that the quality of the prints is the same, because the i850 has separate cartridges for each color, but the F20 has only one black cartridge and one tri-color cartridge. I would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Fmar

Lamoni

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I don't have any experience with the multipass printer. However, I do have experience with the i850. I would definately recommend the i850. It makes better prints, prints faster, and is cheaper.

The multipass printer is larger, but it does save space if you give up your scanner. If you need to make copies, or if space is a big issue, the multipass might be a good choice. If speed or cost is the issue, the i850 is a better option.

Also, photos with the i850 are great. When it first came out it was listed under Canon's standard desktop printers, but then it was moved to be included with their photo printers. There may be better photo printers, but not much better. And as for black and white printing, it beats many laser printers for speed.

I hope that helps.