My daughter's family has a playstation2 and their game-saving cards are
beginning to erase themselves from all their contents. Is that something
that can be fixed or just something that happens because the equipment
and the cards are old... thanks

What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
accidentally erased memory cards.

U¿ytkownik "Barbara Needham" <barbarajfn@newsguy.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> My daughter's family has a playstation2 and their game-saving cards are
> beginning to erase themselves from all their contents. Is that something

Do they have Sony branded cards?

The Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
> What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
> those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
> accidentally erased memory cards.

Yep, that is something that I thought of when reading it. Though in that
case it came up that you needed to reformat your card. So that is what
really made you lose all your saes. That is not mentioned in this case.
I suffered from that freakin' VJ bullshit. Never will put a demo disc in
again and leave my memory card in there...not going to even chance that
again.

If the saves are just magically disappearing then I have no clue, never
seen or heard of that before. Is there a chance that someone is not
properly saving the game to start with, or thinks they are and not
actually...maybe something along those lines. Only thing that would make
sense to me would be some sort of user error being the problem.

massivegrooves <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote:

> The Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
> > What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
> > those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
> > accidentally erased memory cards.
> >

> Yep, that is something that I thought of when reading it. Though in that
> case it came up that you needed to reformat your card. So that is what
> really made you lose all your saes. That is not mentioned in this case.
> I suffered from that freakin' VJ bullshit. Never will put a demo disc in
> again and leave my memory card in there...not going to even chance that
> again.
>
> If the saves are just magically disappearing then I have no clue, never
> seen or heard of that before. Is there a chance that someone is not
> properly saving the game to start with, or thinks they are and not
> actually...maybe something along those lines. Only thing that would make
> sense to me would be some sort of user error being the problem.

First they thought it was user error as other people had been over. Then
it happened a second time and my son-in-law lost all his baseball and
football games... and no one had been there at that time. I was thinking
that maybe if they re-formatted the card it might help.

I'll ask if they ran any demo at all...

They do have a three year old who loves to push buttons but I don't
think the controllers were available to her; I'll check that too.

Thanks everyone for your answers. That was my daughter's first question,
if I'd ever heard of that happening.

--
Barbara Needham

The Qurqirish Dragon <qurqirishd@aol.com> wrote:

> What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
> those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
> accidentally erased memory cards.

That was it .. exactly. demo disk with Viewtiful Joe on it. Thanks very
much!
--
Barbara Needham

Barbara Needham wrote:
> massivegrooves <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote:
>

>>The Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
>>
>>>What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
>>>those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
>>>accidentally erased memory cards.
>>>

>>Yep, that is something that I thought of when reading it. Though in that
>>case it came up that you needed to reformat your card. So that is what
>>really made you lose all your saes. That is not mentioned in this case.
>>I suffered from that freakin' VJ bullshit. Never will put a demo disc in
>>again and leave my memory card in there...not going to even chance that
>>again.
>>
>>If the saves are just magically disappearing then I have no clue, never
>>seen or heard of that before. Is there a chance that someone is not
>>properly saving the game to start with, or thinks they are and not
>>actually...maybe something along those lines. Only thing that would make
>>sense to me would be some sort of user error being the problem.
>

> First they thought it was user error as other people had been over. Then
> it happened a second time and my son-in-law lost all his baseball and
> football games... and no one had been there at that time. I was thinking
> that maybe if they re-formatted the card it might help.
>
> I'll ask if they ran any demo at all...
>
> They do have a three year old who loves to push buttons but I don't
> think the controllers were available to her; I'll check that too.
>
> Thanks everyone for your answers. That was my daughter's first question,
> if I'd ever heard of that happening.

If it continues with no explaination then the best bet would be to
likely replace that memory card. Glad to try and help...

Barbara Needham wrote:
> The Qurqirish Dragon <qurqirishd@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
>>those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
>>accidentally erased memory cards.
>

> That was it .. exactly. demo disk with Viewtiful Joe on it. Thanks very
> much!

If someone is going to play the demo disc with that on it then take out
the memory card before playing!!!

massivegrooves <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote:

> Barbara Needham wrote:
> > The Qurqirish Dragon <qurqirishd@aol.com> wrote:
> >

> >>What have they (or anyone) been playing recently? If you have one of
> >>those holiday demo disks with the Viewtiful Joe, I think the demo
> >>accidentally erased memory cards.
> >

> > That was it .. exactly. demo disk with Viewtiful Joe on it. Thanks very
> > much!
>

> If someone is going to play the demo disc with that on it then take out
> the memory card before playing!!!

Yes, I told my grandson that and he said, yes he had already thought of
that! But thanks, I think it probably is a good idea to take the memory
card out before playing any demo... just in case.
--
Barbara Needham

I was going to say something about memory loss but I forgot what it was.

--
Father of a Doctoral Student
Counseling Psychology Program