Buildind a computer

FMP

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date:In about 2 weeks

Budget Range:500-850

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Home, casual gamer, surf the internet, watching movies)

Parts Not Required:keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:newegg.com, ncix.com any u recommend

Parts Preferences:none

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / Maybe

Monitor Resolution:the best

Additional Comments: I am trying to build an everyday computer in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I would like to spend around $500 to $850 but i need help choosing the right parts. This computer will be mainly use to surf the internet, watch movies, create programs, type assigments and more..i would also like to connect more than one monitor at the same time..what would you recommend?? Thank u...also I would like a quiet PC

g-unit1111

Titan
This computer will be mainly use to surf the internet, watch movies, create programs, type assigments and more..

For a casual gaming PC you don't need to overclock, you can get by with an i5-2400 easily and save quite a bit of money that way. But if you want to get an i5-2500K that's perfectly fine. Are you planning to include the monitor in your budget or will you be purchasing that / those separately?

i would also like to connect more than one monitor at the same time..what would you recommend??

You definitely want an Eyefinity card. If you're only going to be doing some casual gaming as you said - you don't need a super powerful card - you can get by with a 6790 easily. It's one of the best video cards on the market right now in terms of price / performance.

also I would like a quiet PC

That's not really an issue. Case and cooling makers are very wise to noise levels anymore and build their cases accordingly.

Upgrades can be had just about everywhere if this isn't sufficient. Don't forget your aftermarket CPU cooler if overclocking...

You can't OC an i3-2120. I have the same CPU and I've tried it - can't be done.

Try this:

Case: Antec 300 - $49.99
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 - $69.99
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3H - $159.99
CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - $219.99
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - $29.99
HD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - $99.99
Optical: LG Super Multi - $69.99
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6790 - $139.99

Total: $867.93

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes pretty much any Radeon 6xxx card you buy will have a native HDMI output so all you need is an HDMI cable and you're set.

g-unit1111

Titan

Stick with the Antec for case, but the motherboard is just as good. MBs are all a matter of personal preference, I like Gigabyte boards myself - the one on my AM3 system is amazing, and the one I use in my Z68 system is also amazing.