"123" <123@123.gr> wrote in message
news:42723a0b$0$296$4d4eb98e@read.news.gr.uu.net...
> What`s the point of a HD in a PS2???

So you can play Final Fantasy XI of course.

"SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message

> "123" <123@123.gr> wrote in message
>> What`s the point of a HD in a PS2???
>>

> So you can play Final Fantasy XI of course.

That is the only game I ever saw that you could use it with.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

And why is an HD required to play this game?

> And why is an HD required to play this game?

>>> So you can play Final Fantasy XI of course.
>>>

>> That is the only game I ever saw that you could use it with.

Don't know maybe the PS2 doesn't have enough internal memory. Anyone here
know exactly why FFXI needed the HD to play it?

sarah

>Don't know maybe the PS2 doesn't have enough internal memory. Anyone here
>know exactly why FFXI needed the HD to play it?

You don't. But it was a game they wanted people to buy with the hd.
download new maps & stuff.

hdloader.net lets you use just about any hd with the ps2, faster
on the ps2 or a few minutes from a pc & you don't know if its going to
run.

U¿ytkownik "123" <123@123.gr> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> What`s the point of a HD in a PS2???

Some people use HD to make backups of their games. Really it make sense to
play it from HD because laser have life limitation and can brake after 3-4
years of intensive usage. To make backup of Your game You need to have
aditional piece of soft named HD Advance. However as I know this piece of
software is not easily accesible becuse this can be used for illegal
purposes like coping and using games from Your friends.

"Daniel G." <Danny73@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

> "SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "123" <123@123.gr> wrote in message
>>> What`s the point of a HD in a PS2???
>>>

>> So you can play Final Fantasy XI of course.
>>

> That is the only game I ever saw that you could use it with.
It also works very well with Resident Evil Outbreak. The load times were
horrible. The HD actually makes the game much better to play. You can also
use it with the new maps on Socom.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"MirekM" <mirekwytnijtomilosz@wp.pl> wrote in message

> U¿ytkownik "123" <123@123.gr> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > What`s the point of a HD in a PS2???
> >
> Some people use HD to make backups of their games. Really it make sense to
> play it from HD because laser have life limitation and can brake after 3-4
> years of intensive usage. To make backup of Your game You need to have
> aditional piece of soft named HD Advance. However as I know this piece of
> software is not easily accesible becuse this can be used for illegal
> purposes like coping and using games from Your friends.

HD Advance makes it possible to use a non-sony hard drive with your ps2. So
you're not stuck having to buy an overpriced 40gig hd. And it is easy to
purchase hda. Many sites carry it and I've personally bought 2 legimate
copies off Ebay for $20 each. Each copy comes with a dvd disc and a cd disc.

Daniel G. <Danny73@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> Don't know maybe the PS2 doesn't have enough internal memory. Anyone here
> know exactly why FFXI needed the HD to play it?

Since FFXI is an online game, my guess would be that it needs to store a
lot of data - more than what the PS2 would normally be able to keep in its
main memory.

Loadtimes would be improved by using the HD, which could also be another
factor.

Anyone know how much space the game takes up on the drive? It could also
be that the game wouldn't fit on a single disc, so rather than have the
player swap discs, they used a HD and put the game there.