Delete Windows System Password Requirement

Hi,

I am purchasing a 3-month old (almost new) computer from someone today for a
fraction of the original cost.

The seller's daughter passworded the System, so you must login when Windows
starts. I have her daughter's password. I would like to have the system
boot automatically without a password request.

How can I reset the computer so that it doesn't require any login at all?

Thanks in advance!

Elliot

Hi,

To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start >> Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab,
uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password under which you want
your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations