Delete Windows System Password Requirement

Hi,

I am purchasing a 3-month old (almost new) computer from someone today for a
fraction of the original cost.

The seller's daughter passworded the System, so you must login when Windows
starts. I have her daughter's password. I would like to have the system
boot automatically without a password request.

How can I reset the computer so that it doesn't require any login at all?

Thanks in advance!

Elliot
1 answer Last reply
More about delete windows system password requirement

    Hi,

    To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start >> Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab,
    uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password under which you want
    your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "El" <El@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE11A538-3545-4C4D-A357-60D081C466FE@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am purchasing a 3-month old (almost new) computer from someone today for a
    > fraction of the original cost.
    >
    > The seller's daughter passworded the System, so you must login when Windows
    > starts. I have her daughter's password. I would like to have the system
    > boot automatically without a password request.
    >
    > How can I reset the computer so that it doesn't require any login at all?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Elliot

Configuration Login Computers Windows XP