Need Help Troubleshooting Mobo Issue

I purchased a liquid cooling system (corsair h60) for my computer. After installing it which only took around 15 mins, my computer wont boot. So i switch back to the stock heatsink and have the same problem. It won't even post BIOS. And i can find literally no documentation on the this mobo for how to troubleshoot what could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mobo: Asus F2A85-M
CPU: AMD Trinity 5800k 3.8Ghz ( OC'ed to 4.3Ghz)
RAM: Corsair Ares 1866
4 answers Last reply
More about need troubleshooting mobo issue
  1. My first step here would be to reset your CMOS clock. That shoud get you back up and running. You should be able to keep the H60 on (or re-install it)
    Good luck
  2. C12Friedman said:
    My first step here would be to reset your CMOS clock. That shoud get you back up and running. You should be able to keep the H60 on (or re-install it)
    Good luck

Any idea how to reset the CMOS on this board? The user manual has nothing and when i google how to do it, the only things that show up are the product pages on newegg and Asus
  3. you see where the AMD chip in your board is ........ look down a bet and you'll see a lil blue thing.... this is your CMOS .... take it out from pin 1-2 and put it in pin 2-3 ..... make sure that you unplugged your pc from the power .... wait for about 10 secs .... then switch the pins back to 1-2 ... now you are good to go
  4. You are not in possession of the manual that came with the motherboard? It will explain resetting CMOS in there using the above method and possibly the method below...
    Another way to reset CMOS is to (with computer unplugged from wall) remove the CMOS battery (watch battery thing) from the motherboard for about 30 seconds, then replace it - that will have the same effect as the above method. You'll know if the CMOS has been reset when you turn on the computer, it will force you into BIOS to set the system time
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Computer Corsair Motherboards