Your question
Closed

Memorry issue

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
January 26, 2013 12:36:29 AM

So as I was signing up for a beta, I ran across this:

My reaction:

So, yeah I have windows 7 64 bit, and windows is deciding to run 8gigs of virtual memory and 4 gigs of physical, not really familiar with the two, but I always though that you should have more physical memory.

I have 2x2gb and 2x4gb, the timing match up as well as the speed and voltage, but the 2x2gb are about 2 years old.

Things I've tried:
Updated Bios
Enabled Memory Revamping, or wrapping, w/e it's called that is in the BIOS. It was already on btw.

and went to msconfig under the boot tab and unchecked the maximum memory box, which was already unchecked.

Not sure what else I can do, any have any ideas?

More about : memorry issue

January 26, 2013 1:34:14 AM

Okay new issue came up. I decided to just take out my old RAM and just use the 2x4gb sticks. I start the computer up and go to check I get this

So the physical memory is at 8gb like it should be since I now only have 8gb in my pc. But now the virtual is up to 16gb, how it that possible when I only have 2x4gb sticks inside my computer?

Thanks for the link though, I was trying to figure out how to change the virtual memory.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 85 } Memory
January 26, 2013 1:53:54 AM

dont forget vm ram is the swap file used on your hard drive or ssd. most times it 1.5 to 2x the size of your main ram.
January 26, 2013 2:43:29 AM

Oh, I understand now, Virtual Memory really doesn't have a lot to do with the RAM. Wasn't aware of that, I got everything working out, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Score
January 26, 2013 2:43:39 AM

Best answer selected by hgivens.
Score
!