Sign in with
Your question

Super Budgeted Gaming PC Build... Need help!!

Last response: in Systems
December 14, 2011 9:05:28 PM

Hi, Its my first time posting anything on this forum..

I am about to make my first ever PC and I need some suggestions about my build.

The problem is that I have a super tight budget of about $300-$350 and I want a gaming PC... I have been searching a lot and this is what I came up with.

GPU - HIS H667FS1G Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

CPU - AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Heka 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor HDZ720WFK3DGI - OEM

Mother Board - GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Fan - XIGMATEK LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler

Case - any case around 30 bucks

Tell me if they are compatible and if I can switch something with cheap or more powerful stuf while staying under budget.

My priorities are budget of course and it should be able to play new games like skyrim and mw3 on atleast medium settings.
December 14, 2011 9:25:47 PM

All those look pretty good, dude. But you're forgetting the most important part of the build, which is the power supply. Try for a GOOD 500W PSU. Make sure it's by a reputable maker and that it gets good reviews.

Also remember that after you get the major components, you'll get nickel and dimed all way up way past your budget. It just happens. Do you have a monitor? Do you have a HDD? Do you have all your cables, keyboard, mouse, optical drive, wireless adapter? And don't forget about an OS!

Good luck! That setup will definitely run Skyrim and MW3 at medium settings.

Oh, and check this out:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/46-pcbuildupg/673-...
m
l
December 14, 2011 9:36:16 PM

You wont be able to get a dvd drive, case, hard drive and power supply for $30.

The only thing I can find that is even close to your budget is this system from Newegg for $380.

With that little to work with and the price of HDD's currently being super inflated you will be hard pressed to get any build in the $300 range that would even play WOW.
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2011 9:42:35 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
December 14, 2011 10:13:24 PM

the phenom x3 is a good processor but you'd be better off with a higher clocked X3 athlon that includes a cpu cooler .

The nVidia chipset mb is a dog.
Seach for AM3+ mb's on newegg and order by price . There are AMD 760g boards for less than $60 .

The Anec 300 illsion case is currently $40 and is fantastic value
But if you have such a low budget for case/psu then something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
will work [ with a micro - ATX mb ]
m
l
!