Sign in with
Your question

Ati driver problems and cant play dvd/cd on laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 18, 2011 6:05:21 PM

Hello,
i recently factory restored my tobsiba satellite 1115-S103.... now i cant get my cd/dvd player to work. As well as soon as I get to my desktop, I get an error that says "ATI Advanced Desktop Utilities failed to initialize because no ati driver is installed or ati driver is not working properly" All this working fine until I factroy restored it. Also when I go to device manager it tells me all my hardware is woking fine and no updates are needed. this is reallly confusing me greatly!! I have doen tons and tons of research and tried a few little steps, but nothing works. I have windows xp home edition 32 bit. service pack 3. Also under my add/remove programs where the ati driver is located it doesnt have a date it was installed as the other programs do. not sure if this means anything, just wondered if maybe it did?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
October 18, 2011 6:18:38 PM

Install the latest driover from the AMD website.
October 18, 2011 6:26:18 PM

im not exactly computer savy, altho i must admit ive learned so very much in the last few days haha.... so i would need to completely uninstall the old one first right? and what is AMD?? Will this help my cd/dvd problem as well?? THANKS for responding!! :lol: 
Related resources
October 18, 2011 6:28:05 PM

and plus im still very confused as to why the device manager tells me there is not a problem and all hardware and drivers/devices are working fine and need no updates!!?? SMH.......
October 18, 2011 6:30:57 PM

also, sorry i keep forgetting to say what i want in the previous comments but I have downloaded a few driver finders and ran the scans on them and all of them as well say my mobility radeon display driver is current, so why the heck am i getting this error and why cant i use my cd rom?? it actually will start up but everything gets extremely huge and fuzzy...??
!