Ati driver problems and cant play dvd/cd on laptop

dusty75

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Hello,
i recently factory restored my tobsiba satellite 1115-S103.... now i cant get my cd/dvd player to work. As well as soon as I get to my desktop, I get an error that says "ATI Advanced Desktop Utilities failed to initialize because no ati driver is installed or ati driver is not working properly" All this working fine until I factroy restored it. Also when I go to device manager it tells me all my hardware is woking fine and no updates are needed. this is reallly confusing me greatly!! I have doen tons and tons of research and tried a few little steps, but nothing works. I have windows xp home edition 32 bit. service pack 3. Also under my add/remove programs where the ati driver is located it doesnt have a date it was installed as the other programs do. not sure if this means anything, just wondered if maybe it did?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

dusty75

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
im not exactly computer savy, altho i must admit ive learned so very much in the last few days haha.... so i would need to completely uninstall the old one first right? and what is AMD?? Will this help my cd/dvd problem as well?? THANKS for responding!! :lol:

dusty75

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
and plus im still very confused as to why the device manager tells me there is not a problem and all hardware and drivers/devices are working fine and need no updates!!?? SMH.......

dusty75

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
also, sorry i keep forgetting to say what i want in the previous comments but I have downloaded a few driver finders and ran the scans on them and all of them as well say my mobility radeon display driver is current, so why the heck am i getting this error and why cant i use my cd rom?? it actually will start up but everything gets extremely huge and fuzzy...??