Opinions of BD from owners

mad2

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Im just curious what the opinions of BD are by people who own them. I see a ton of benchmarks and this and that, but there is a difference when a person uses something every day. So what do you bulldozer owners think?

what do you mean there is a difference between benchmarks and daily usage
benchmarks are made for us so we have some sort of refference point when we compare products running the same scenario whenever its a game or a program
if you want gaming go for intel if you want bang for the buck go for amd.

mad2

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
I understand that benchmarks help us compare but to be completely honest I dont trust all of the benchmarks I see. Im not being like the people who claim a manufacturer is running the benchmarks but I believe it goes both ways. Thats why I was looking for an opinion based on usage not a benchmark.

Alvine, that used to be true, but now I'll have to disagree. Multiple articles I've read make a very convincing case that, even at the low end that AMD used to own, they are now outperformed by Intel. Since even H61 chipset boards can now be found with SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0, AMD doesn't even hold a chipset advantage any more. While I do think that's rather sad, it is undeniable. I don't think the difference justifies scrapping an AMD system for a new Intel rig, but anyone building new should go Intel.