giraffeburgerz

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Having some issues with a new build

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU: 3770k
GPU: EVGA 660 TI
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Monitor: Apple Cinema Display (with Atlon dual link DVI to mini display port adapter)

When I start the computer with the 660 TI inserted in either one of the PCI-e slots the bios boot screen does not show up. It is just a black screen until Windows 8 loads. Once windows loads the 660 TI is working fine.

If I boot the computer without the 660 TI installed and I and plug my Cinema Display directly into one of the thunderbolt ports, I see the bios boot screen followed by Windows 8 login screen.

Im trying to figure out how I can get the bios boot screen to show when my 660 TI is installed.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Booted without 660 TI, went into BIOS set INIT Display to: PEG and Disabled the onboard GPU. Save and Exit. Shut off computer. Install 660 TI. Restart. Not getting BIOS boot screen, but Windows 8 login screen eventually shows up.

2. Attempted to install 660 TI in both of the different PCI-e slot. No BIOS boot screen

3. I had tried this all with another 660 TI (Asus) and had same problems. So its not a faulty Video Card.

4. With the 660 TI installed I have tried to press and hold as well as mash on delete without seeing the BIOS boot screen. I believe it loads into the BIOS but I just cant see anything. It just stuck on a black screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

giraffeburgerz

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Oh couple more things.

1. I am running the latest stable BIOS version F11.

2. I have tried resetting the bios many times

3. In miscellaneous settings I tired putting the PCI-e on GEN3 as opposed to "AUTO"

BerylLee

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
This is kind of known issue already .. you can check with Gigabyte technical supporters ..
Gigabyte design two DP ports on the motherboards and Intel bios delay the signal .. so the condition you may encounter only the first time you connect power .. after it .. it should never be a problem.