Ati radeon 5750 on antec

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I recently made a thread asking what power supply is good for my acer m3100 32bit 2gig ram
I had been recommended this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371029

I received it today and checked to make sure it wasnt DOA..
And it wasnt , it turned on well
the thing is, I then installed my radeon once again and connected the PCI E in, tried turnimg.on.and it wouldnt! Only the light on my power turns on!

When I disconnect the PCI-E from the Graphics card, the Fans, everything turn on including the Graphics Card..(With only connected to the gold connectors)
idk what to.do.anymore I had this same issue with my previous PSU

I have all 24 atx pins plugged in and it still didnt work, I tried all 20 as well

Edit : also, my PC "Beeps" meaning that it has booted properly even with the Graphics card (NOT CONNECTED TO THE 6PIN but only the gold connectors) . I tried connecting my monitor to the Graphics card however but it does display anything.

Basically, EVERYTHING turns on, Fans, PSU, Everything sounds as it should be..(including the Graphics card Fan) without the 6pin PCIE but I'm not going to run my PC without the 6pin because I thought it would rather be risky to do just leaving it connected to the gold connectors.

Also Idk if it's worth noting or not but.
But PC came with an Onboard Video card(Tiny) It's an ATI Radeon 1250 I believe? That's what I usually connect my monitor to.

Running AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20 GHz
2Gig Ram
32Bit
Acer Aspire M3100

popatim

Titan
Which 5750 do you have that has pcie connectors on it?

You may need to remove the 5750, connect to the 1250, go into the bios and tell it to disable the integrated gpu or boot the PEG first. Shutdown and intsall the 5750 and connect to it before powering up again.

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I dont think this is the reason as to why my PC isnt turning on when I connect my PCI-e however..

I have strong volts passing through the rails.
And I'm not using an adapter for PCI-E , using the cable that the PSU contains.

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Incase you didn't click the first link I provided about the power supply..
It does come with a 6 Pin Connector.
It's an Antec Power Supply.
12V/30A

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Uhm.. here's all specs for my PC..

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/acer/aspirem3100/aspirem3100sp2.shtml

and here's what I found for the ATI..

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5750/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5750-overview.aspx#3

I was recommended my Current Power Supply from another thread that I created and I have read around and people have said that their Antec 400w(Same as mine) powers their 5750 with no issues.

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

That's a bit hard to read but..

I did plug in the 4 pin connectors to the mother board.
I originally had 20 ATX Pins connected in as well but then the PC wasnt turning on with the Graphics card connected with the 6pci-e cord. So I tried plugging in all 24 ATX Pins and retried the process.

I have placed my Graphics card in the x16 slot that is required and it fits in nicely.
When I connect the PCI-E from my PSU(Antec 400w) and attempt to turn on my PC, my PC won't turn on. Only the power button turns on but nothing else does.
When I unplug my PCI-E from the card however and just leave the card connected to the x16 slot,
The PC Turns on, everything turns on(Fans, PSU, Graphics Card Fan)

The problem is mainly that I can't get my PC to turn on with the PCI-E connected. And I know the PCI-E on my PSU isn't faulty because it did this same exact thing with my previous PSU's PCI-E.

Edit : Yes my PC came with an Onboard Graphics card, It's an ATI Radeon 1200.

The card I'm trying to run is the Ati Radeon 5750

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Uhm well I haven't tried it with the graphics card while the onboard on.
I mainly only have tried it with the power cable testing to see if it turns on.
However I did try connecting my monitor cable to the graphics card(without the 6pin PCI-E connected since my PC wont power on with it connected)
and I didn't receive anything
but I haven't tried leaving my graphics card on while using the onboard graphics.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
use the onboard with the monitor and remove the 5750 from mobo to see if you got something
then put back the 5750 in plug the 6 pins in a start mobo and plug monitor to it if nothhing work psu could be unable to power system to low on power

or graphic causing a issue.last resort try the 5750 in another mobo to see if card will work
if card not working then is it defective rma if under warranty

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I just tried the card on another motherboard and I put my antec on that pc and I got the same issue. wont work with pcie connected , turns on without pcie connected, so the card is defective then?

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Thank you for the help ^_^ , I'm only hoping that the card is defective itself and has nothing to do with my Mobo whatsoever or PSU.

I tried it on two Mobos, Same issue. Used the same powerful PSU.

Contacted the factory, hopefully getting a replacement soon!