  • Phones
  • SIM Card
Last response: in Technologies
April 19, 2004 5:15:00 PM

Hi,
Is there a way to retreive the phone number of a SIM card using AT commands
? The closest I can find to retreiving some kind of ID is AT^SCID, which is
some kind of subscriber number. I'm starting to think that maybe the phone
number is not actually on the SIM card itself, but instead the network
marries up the SCID with the phone number.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers,

Mark.
--

More about : sim phone number

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 2:41:46 PM

Hi Mark,

The Phone number MSIDSN isn´t in the phone or SIM. The SIM have two numbers
IMSI & Ki that authentificate the SIM (with A3/A8) in the operator network.
The operator search the number by IMSI.

You can´t know the number by AT commands....

Regards,
Sir Graham.
http://www.endorasoft.com

"Mark" <marks@nospamhere.net> escribió en el mensaje
> Hi,
> Is there a way to retreive the phone number of a SIM card using AT
commands
> ? The closest I can find to retreiving some kind of ID is AT^SCID, which
is
> some kind of subscriber number. I'm starting to think that maybe the
phone
> number is not actually on the SIM card itself, but instead the network
> marries up the SCID with the phone number.
>
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark.

April 21, 2004 9:54:14 PM

Hi

Some providers store the number of the SIM into the ON(own numbers)
phonebook before shipping out.
You could have a look using AT+CPBS="ON" and then AT+CPBR=1,x
Regards
Peter

"Mark" <marks@nospamhere.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
> Is there a way to retreive the phone number of a SIM card using AT
commands
> ? The closest I can find to retreiving some kind of ID is AT^SCID, which
is
> some kind of subscriber number. I'm starting to think that maybe the
phone
> number is not actually on the SIM card itself, but instead the network
> marries up the SCID with the phone number.
>
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark.

April 21, 2004 9:58:05 PM

Correct, the phone number is NOT on the SIM card, so there's no way you can
retrieve it.
The IMSI number is what is on the card, and the network "assigns" that to
the phone number they give you.

That's why you can get them to do such as I did recently when my PAYG phone
was nicked.
I bought a new PAYG SIM with a new number, put it in another phone, then
asked the network to assign my old phone number to the new SIM. Thus, new
SIM but with my old number.

Bob Coates

"Mark" <marks@nospamhere.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Is there a way to retreive the phone number of a SIM card using AT
commands
> ? The closest I can find to retreiving some kind of ID is AT^SCID, which
is
> some kind of subscriber number. I'm starting to think that maybe the
phone
> number is not actually on the SIM card itself, but instead the network
> marries up the SCID with the phone number.
>
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark.

April 22, 2004 3:08:54 PM

Hi,

Think about your problem I see other possibility:

The SIM keeps the phone number in a few cases: There is a special file in
the SIM (MSIDSN). This is not true in all cases.
You can also send AT APDU commands by AT+CSIM.

Regards,
Sir Graham.

"Sir Graham" <s_graham@terra.es> escribió en el mensaje
> Hi Mark,
>
> The Phone number MSIDSN isn´t in the phone or SIM. The SIM have two
numbers
> IMSI & Ki that authentificate the SIM (with A3/A8) in the operator
network.
> The operator search the number by IMSI.
>
> You can´t know the number by AT commands....
>
> Regards,
> Sir Graham.
> http://www.endorasoft.com
>

> "Mark" <marks@nospamhere.net> escribió en el mensaje
> > Hi,
> > Is there a way to retreive the phone number of a SIM card using AT
> commands
> > ? The closest I can find to retreiving some kind of ID is AT^SCID,
which
> is
> > some kind of subscriber number. I'm starting to think that maybe the
> phone
> > number is not actually on the SIM card itself, but instead the network
> > marries up the SCID with the phone number.
> >
> > Can anyone help ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Mark.
> > --