Asrock B75 PRO3-M durability

Cesn

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hi everyone,
I made a lot of research and I know that Asrock B75 PRO3-M motherboard has everything i want, especially more SATA 3 (6GB/s) ports for more SSD drives in the future (for now one SSD will be enought).

My biggest concern is durability of Asrock boards, a lot of people say that their boards have (had) a lot of issues. I plan to keep the same motherboard and CPU for at least 6 years (or so) and change graphic card after a few years to stay up to speed with games. So, is this motherboard durable enought? I know that Asrock boards hadn't been durable some time ago, but how about nowdays, and even more, how about specifically this motherboard?

Or is it worth to go for the alternative, Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V, that lacks extra SATA 3 ports (I really plan to buy an extra SSD in the future), is ATX (which is not very important in my opinion) and is 10€ more expensive?

In the future I expect to really miss that extra SATA 3 ports, but don't want my motherboard to die on me and maybe even take my processor along with it.

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Asrock is a sub-brand of ASUS. They started out making cheapo boards but today they get a good a rap as ASUS themselves. Understand that most people upgrade atleast every 2-3 years so don't get too hung up on "future-proofing".

Cesn

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Can Gigabyte, Asus and Asrock at least be rated my durability of their motherboards?

How big price difference is justifiable betweeen those 3 motherboard manufacturers,
if, let's say, we had a motherboard from each of those 3 manufacturers with the same specs?

Cesn

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Is one of those 3 manufacturers known to make longer-lasting motherboards?
And if so, how big is the difference, is it worth taking a more expensive motherboard, just becouse it is, for example, made by Gigabyte (or Asus, or Asrock)?

Hope that clears it up :)