Oropher

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hello, I was planning on building my first computer this coming sunday with a 2500k on a z68 chipset but then I saw that the third gen intel CPUs (might) be out April 29. I'm curious what people think on if I should wait it out on this build for ivy bridge or just stick to my plan of using the 2500k for my PC.

I could see the second gen CPUs dropping in price or else I could just grab one of the third gens when they come out. Otherwise I just do my build as is on the 2500k and stop using this 5 year old dell laptop in 4 days instead of waiting till after April 29th.

Once again, just curious what people think. Thanks in advance.

Solution
More than likely the current gen Intel CPUs wont drop in price and if they do, it wont be by much.

I say go for it. The 2500K is a great CPU (I have one) and overall IB only looks to give 10-15% better performance.

Plus the IB CPUs will probably be price gouged for the first few months as most retailers like to do.
More than likely the current gen Intel CPUs wont drop in price and if they do, it wont be by much.

I say go for it. The 2500K is a great CPU (I have one) and overall IB only looks to give 10-15% better performance.

Plus the IB CPUs will probably be price gouged for the first few months as most retailers like to do.

Solution