Budget Gaming PC $600-$800

Dartmouth

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Looking at sometime this month. I could be willing to put off until the 25th if it's possible any good Christmas deals will show up.

Budget Range: $600-$800, after rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mostly I'm looking at gaming with it. Other than that just surfing around.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, and headset.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon. I'm open to other suggestions though.

Parts Preferences: AMD since they are supposed to be better with budget builds.

Overclocking: Yes, as long as it is stable.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe. For now I think I'll go with a single card. Of the two I'd prefer Crossfire, as (unless I misread the FAQ here) it allows for more of a mix & match.

Monitor Resolution: Not sure.

Additional Comments: Before I even posted this I noticed a thread very similar to my wants actually here. Same budget range, same purpose (I'm also looking at Diablo 3 and Skyrim, and while I don't *need* the best graphics, I'm still looking for best bang for my buck), and same desire to at least not have a jet engine. Additionally, after thinking about it, stability and future use/upgrading is in my wants.

Dartmouth

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Looking between these two I have to say I like the:

850W PSU - More power if I ever upgrade.

960T CPU - Upgradeable and from what Azn said it provides better performance.

500 GB HD - I suppose I should have stated this in my previous post, but I feel a terabyte is going to be more than I need.

Cooler Master Case - While they both seem like good cases, this one I just find more visually appealing.

As for the rest, well, I'm a bit uncertain. Especially with the GPU and motherboard since it looks like, along with the CPU, these are the most debated choices.