Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Changed Graphics card and shifted my sata cable!!

Last response: in Motherboards
January 26, 2013 4:53:01 PM

Hello,
Im having a little problem and are getting the following error when starting my PC....disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter...

I bought a new graphics card and because its a lot bigger than the old one I moved my Primary HD(Where windows is on) sata cable on my Motherbord from sata 3 to sata 0.....To fit the Graphics card offcourse....

I also had a older hardrive which is a BUS.....I removed that...It was acctually a external that I put in my PC....

Now after all that I startup my PC and get the following error....

disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter...
can anyone tell me how to make my sata hardrive my primary one so that I don't have to loose all my data ect..

Best solution

January 26, 2013 9:22:30 PM

did you swap hdds around and check Windows is not installed on the other "BUS" drive (I don't know what you mean by that)
February 6, 2013 7:53:43 AM

What I mean about bus is that it is not a HD with a sata cable.....It has the old big(wide) cable....The old Hard Drives!

I got a friend to help me out last week and he fixed it...
My windows was on my Sata HD but for one or other reason there were some boot files(maybe I don't know) on the other one that I removed.

So I placed both HD's back like it was and it worked.....Even though the sata was now in port 0 on my motherboard and not in port 3 like it was....First I thought that was the problem but is was the Older HD....

Problem Solved!! :) ))))
m
l
Related resources
!