• Asus
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Netbooks
  • Keyboards
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 26, 2013 5:01:45 PM

Hi,

I got the Mini 1012 netbook from Dell and I broke the plastic locking clip that hold the keyboard connection in. Does anyone where i can purchase that clip without buying a whole new MOBO or is there a work around i can use to hold the connector in place? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

More about : dell inspiron mini 1012 issues

January 28, 2013 11:29:37 PM

Ouch. That is a tricky one. If you still have the piece that broke off, you may have to afro-engineer it back into place. Hot glue will help hold it. Cussing and patience will help. If that piece is gone, you'd have to find a donor from another laptop, or replace the MoBo
m
l
February 18, 2013 10:44:38 PM

thanks I actually lost the little part that broke off, it flying off the work table :( 
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2013 3:54:55 PM

Even without the piece that broke off, if you still have the main piece that actually puts pressure on the keyboards ribbon cable when plugged in, it's possible. If the little broken clip(s) on either side are gone, they're just to small to reliably re-attach anyways.
m
l

Best solution

February 25, 2013 10:16:33 AM

that little brown peice is a wedge - the ribbon cable sits above it and when the wedge is pushed in - it forces the ribbon cable to contact the pins in the connector and holds the cable in place.. your looking for a donor off a dead board at this point..
February 25, 2013 10:16:57 AM

that little brown peice is a wedge - the ribbon cable sits above it and when the wedge is pushed in - it forces the ribbon cable to contact the pins in the connector and holds the cable in place.. your looking for a donor off a dead board at this point..
m
l