Sign in with
Your question

Newegg RMA on motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
January 26, 2013 7:16:16 PM

Hi, so I recently bought a MSI 970a-g46 motherboard from newegg, and it turned out that the board was DOA so I sent it back for a replacement three days ago. After I shipped it out however, I remembered that I forgot to take off the I/O shield out from the computer case and put it in the motherboard box. Will newegg still accept the RMA even if I forgot the I/O shield for the motherboard? Or will they honor my RMA?

Also side question, does UPS transit packages during weekends? Package departed 11:05 PM on 1/23/13 and it still says the same thing...

More about : newegg rma motherboard

January 27, 2013 1:54:45 AM

They only care if large things are omitted.

For instance I believe they judge by whether fans are there(if applicable), if you bought something with a fan the fan needs to be returned or they will not RMA, they also check for user induced damage. If there are no fans they check for major components.

Small things like cables, screws, or cheap I/O shields will not affect the RMA.

UPS does not transit during weekends.
m
l
a c 469 V Motherboard
January 27, 2013 2:13:16 AM

also if you sent the box reg ground shipping the updates are going to lag behind the box 24/48 hours. for other services usps take 24 hours for the the info to update from the time the box enter there system.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 27, 2013 8:44:39 PM

darkspartenwarrior said:

For instance I believe they judge by whether fans are there(if applicable), if you bought something with a fan the fan needs to be returned or they will not RMA, they also check for user induced damage. If there are no fans they check for major components.

are you sure? Because on their site it says all items included in the box must be returned
m
l
August 1, 2013 8:09:38 AM

failuresfail said:
darkspartenwarrior said:

are you sure? Because on their site it says all items included in the box must be returned

Hey, I know this thread is from January but it is the only recent one I can find with this same issue. I forgot to put the I/O shield in my mobo box and was wondering of they accepted your RMA?
m
l
!