Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BF3 1080p- 570 vs. 6970

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 19, 2011 4:44:51 AM

Im sure this has been asked quite a few time, but Im looking for an updated answer with Rage out, and BF3 'round the corner.

1080p
i5-750 Stock
12GB ddr3 1600

will the extra 3/4GB of the 6970 help or "roll over", even if Im only at 1080p? I dont really care about psychX, and is my CPU bottlenecking this anyways?

THanks again,
Jonnyshatter

More about : bf3 1080p 570 6970

a c 143 U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 4:55:58 AM

570>6970, and you should be fine with both cards as they will max out BF3, and no the CPU is not lagging at all
October 19, 2011 5:07:32 AM

Quote:
570>6970, and you should be fine with both cards as they will max out BF3, and no the CPU is not lagging at all


The 570 is on average slightly below the 6970 but both cards trade big wins in many benchmarks. In bf3 specifically, the 570 is slightly ahead. (@1080p) And one of these cards definitely will NOT max out bf3.
Related resources
October 19, 2011 5:23:32 AM

6970 has more AA options and a higher reliability rate
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 5:44:21 AM

neonneophyte said:
6970 has more AA options and a higher reliability rate

Links?
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 5:47:01 AM

At this point price should be the deciding factor for you. They both perform very similar in most benches as stated earlier. For their price range they are both contenders and you will be happy whichever you choose imo, based on price.
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 5:48:54 AM

lozz08 said:

And one of these cards definitely will NOT max out bf3.

Not MAX-max. But Ultra preset should get close to 60fps.
October 19, 2011 6:02:19 AM

its all just info i have in my head from countless forum threads and articles. for a quick reference type "gtx 570 died" into google and "6970 died" you'll quickly see a difference in trends
October 19, 2011 7:26:26 AM

Ultra preset was at 30-40 fps for me with crossfire 6850s at 929/1200 clocks which equate to greater than a gtx 580 and that was just the beta.
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 9:30:17 AM

lozz08 said:
Ultra preset was at 30-40 fps for me with crossfire 6850s at 929/1200 clocks which equate to greater than a gtx 580 and that was just the beta.

the beta was an unoptimized pile of crap. Im sure the end result will work just fine
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 9:32:11 AM

neonneophyte said:
its all just info i have in my head from countless forum threads and articles. for a quick reference type "gtx 570 died" into google and "6970 died" you'll quickly see a difference in trends

the 570 has been out for quite some time now, there were alot of early builds that didnt get the voltage right, ram was dying, etc. . im sure they have gotten that figured out by now. I have a 570 and couldnt be happier.
October 19, 2011 11:52:45 AM

thanks for the help so far... will the tesselation rendering be better for either?
October 19, 2011 11:55:44 AM

Quote:
the beta was an unoptimized pile of crap. Im sure the end result will work just fine


I prefer to go on facts, not conjecture. That is the way the beta played and if you think performance will more than double by the time the game comes out... Good for you.
a c 143 U Graphics card
October 19, 2011 1:46:34 PM

lozz08 said:
Quote:
570>6970, and you should be fine with both cards as they will max out BF3, and no the CPU is not lagging at all


The 570 is on average slightly below the 6970 but both cards trade big wins in many benchmarks. In bf3 specifically, the 570 is slightly ahead. (@1080p) And one of these cards definitely will NOT max out bf3.

As the GTX 560Ti and HD 6950 perform neck to neck depending on the game, the HD 6950 is 5-10% faster.
For the GTX 570 and HD 6970..they perform close to each other depending on the game... but the GTX 570 is faster than HD 6970 by 5% specially in resolutions under 1920 × 1200
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2011 3:44:08 AM

lozz08 said:
Quote:
the beta was an unoptimized pile of crap. Im sure the end result will work just fine


I prefer to go on facts, not conjecture. That is the way the beta played and if you think performance will more than double by the time the game comes out... Good for you.

No need to be snarky. The beta was announced by dice as an early unoptimized build. It looked and ran like crap. Im basing from them announcing that fact with also saying that the final product will be better looking and more optimized.
October 20, 2011 7:03:43 AM

6970 and 570 performed the samed in BFBC2 with the 6970 better at higher resolution. Note also that the 6970 in xfire scales better than the 570 in SLI.
October 20, 2011 10:54:43 AM

Quote:
No need to be snarky. The beta was announced by dice as an early unoptimized build. It looked and ran like crap. Im basing from them announcing that fact with also saying that the final product will be better looking and more optimized.


Yes, too far there.

But I'm pretty sure they also said that the final game at ultra settings would require more power than in the beta regardless of optimisation tweaks simply because many of the ultra settings were actually disabled in the beta.
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2011 4:17:07 PM

lozz08 said:
Quote:
No need to be snarky. The beta was announced by dice as an early unoptimized build. It looked and ran like crap. Im basing from them announcing that fact with also saying that the final product will be better looking and more optimized.


Yes, too far there.

But I'm pretty sure they also said that the final game at ultra settings would require more power than in the beta regardless of optimisation tweaks simply because many of the ultra settings were actually disabled in the beta.

then we are both basing our suggestions on the same info and not just speculating.......
!