Need advice on motherboard and psu :)

John118

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
ooooooooooooooook im new to pc building and have a few questions i got a Asus P8H61-M motherboard and far as i can tell it does support the core i5 3570k ivy bridge i just wanna know if im right , and how do i tel what psu has the right cables for it to power it thanks guys :)

on the mb check that it has the bios needed to post your ib cpu. the last 4 digits on the ser# label show the bios rev.
any atx 2.0x power supply going to have the standard 24 pin atx power plug needed for atx motherboards.
there may also be on the 500w and larger power supplys cables for gpus. these will be 6 pin plugs with two pin cable hanging to make a 6 plus 2 cable. the only other plug that needed on a atx motherboard is the pci power connector. it be a white or other color connector near the cpu or on the edge of the mb. it be 4 or eight pins. most my will have a cable that take two 4 pin connectors together to make one eight pin. or it have the eight pin connector and a snap point to break the cable in 1/2.

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
No it doesn't support ivy bridge or any 3rd generation processors

The processors that are compatible are :-
Intel® Socket 1155 for 2nd Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3 Processors

Any standard PSU can power this mobo! don't worry about PSU it has everything you are gonna need