I'm ready to do a leak test on my water system... Question is; Can I use my PSU tester to jump the 24 pin or will it overheat or... if left plugged in and on for 16-24 hrs? or should I just fabricate a real jumper?
Most testers include a warning such as this
This product is designed only for power supply output tests. Do not leave it connected to the power supply unattended. It generates heat and could possibly damage your power supply."
Only takes a couple of seconds to bend a paper clip and avoid any risk.
to jump start your psu without the components being inside in take a paper clip and connect the green wire with a black wire (ground, there are two..doesn't matter which one) wire on the 24 pin mobo power connector