I come here because I have an issue with my actual computer.
E6750 OC @ 2.9 GHz, average temp 45-50°C.
HD 6850 (older card: HD4850)
4 Go PC 6400
Alim Fortron 500W
Motherboard Gigabyte G31M-ES2L (micro ATX).
Win 7 64b
The problem is that I have upgraded my GC in order to have better perfs in my games. But I didn't noticed any great improvements... here are some informations about it:
- TF2 (middle/high): average FPS: 30-40.
- The Witcher 2 (middle, without AA): average FPS: 30.
- Crysis 2 (DX11, high def texture pack, low/middle): average FPS: 20-30.
- Battlefield 3 (Beta, low): average FPS: less than 30.
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 (low/middle): average FPS: 30.
My resolution is 1680*1050.
A friend of mine has a HD4850, and his games run better on his computer than mine... (2 or 3 times better).
Here are some 3DMark 11 results:
I think it's because of my mobo's PCIE port: it's a 1.0 PCIE 16x port.
Am I right ? Do you think my perfs could increase if I buy a new mobo, with PCIE 16x 2.0 ?