Sign in with
Your question

Sabertooth Z77 + 212 Evo + Corsair Vengeance 32gb HIGH PROFILE*

Last response: in Motherboards
January 27, 2013 12:53:17 AM

I was wondering if anyone has this configuration for fear of clearance issues on my own build. I know my ram is overkill... I did it for the lawls and at the end of the day its my money. Any input concerning this issue is greatly appreciated. Also I got the high profile for aesthetic reasons (probably not a viable reason). But hey, I want it to look nice, right? Lol

:D 
January 27, 2013 1:56:00 AM

It should work, but in the event it doesn't put it facing left or right so it's parallel to the RAM.
m
l
January 27, 2013 2:08:15 AM

The configuration I had in mind would be a pull air from the front, and push it out of the back. The dimm slots are on the right side of the board, close to where the pull fan would be. Just need to make absolutely sure it'll fit, otherwise I'll need a 120x120x12mm fan or so.
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2013 5:27:31 PM

Just so everyone knows, it does fit.
m
l
February 8, 2013 7:46:27 PM

iardentchimerai said:
Just so everyone knows, it does fit.

were there any issues with the Sabertooth Z77 having the Corsair Vengeance 32gb HIGH PROFILE being recognized? (all 32GB)
which version of the Corsair Vengeance 32gb HIGH PROFILE did you use?
m
l
February 9, 2013 1:39:04 AM

I used CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10. It recognized all 32gb, but I had to change its timing in the uefi. It reads as 1333 by default.
m
l
February 9, 2013 1:40:03 AM

Also, install the heat sink first, then the ram... The ram will get in the way otherwise.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 6:21:39 AM

iardentchimerai said:
I was wondering if anyone has this configuration for fear of clearance issues on my own build. I know my ram is overkill... I did it for the lawls and at the end of the day its my money. Any input concerning this issue is greatly appreciated. Also I got the high profile for aesthetic reasons (probably not a viable reason). But hey, I want it to look nice, right? Lol

:D 

Yes it will fit but it's gonna be tight =) I have the same MoBo, CPU cooler and RAM, except mine are 4x4GB modules but they are identical in size and mine all fit nicely. The only problem you may have is the direction of airflow, if you wanted the airflow through the cooler to go from front to back exhausting out the rear of the case then you'll be fine and won't have any clearance issues, but if like me you would rather have the airflow through the cooler going from bottom to top exhausting out the top of the case then you will run into issues, it simply won't fit.

Hope this helps
m
l
!